Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

royal mail

edited May 2008 in Not Sports Related
is it just me or does it seem to get worse by the day?

Still waiting for something sent to me a week ago , only seem to get post every other day and then it doesn't turn up until past midday.

would hate to be a postie these days as I bet they get the blame at ground level for the crap service

Comments

• Options
    Is it in a plain brown package???
  • Options
    I worked for Royal Mail for 19 years and saw the job go to pot as they tried to make more money by cutting staff and loads of corners.Poor training and the employment of total wasters has seen the job fall apart.

Most of the blokes i worked with have all left and those that remain want to leave,i'm glad i got out when i did.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA_9[/cite]Is it in a plain brown package???

no but with me working nights at the moment it would have been an ideal time

[cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]I worked for Royal Mail for 19 years and saw the job go to pot as they tried to make more money by cutting staff and loads of corners.Poor training and the employment of total wasters has seen the job fall apart.

Most of the blokes i worked with have all left and those that remain want to leave,i'm glad i got out when i did.

yeah like I say it's the idiots upstairs that are ruining it . Even the long gone second post used to turn up earlier than the only post does now. Most annoying thing is that we get so much post for people that previously lived here despite me always sending it back marked "not known at this address" but it still keeps coming.
  • Options
    shit

Abbey Wood to many Temps so much stuff nicked
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]Most annoying thing is that we get so much post for people that previously lived here despite me always sending it back marked "not known at this address" but it still keeps coming.
    When you send them back say the addressee has moved to :
    1 Selhurst Park Road, Whitehorse Lane, Thornton Heath, London SE25 6PU
  • Options
    good call

maybe i will

thing is one of the things is pay slips for some russian so I rang the company to tell them and some woman says "the lady that deals with it isn't here at the moment . can you call back?"

to which my response was "no I bloody can't , just take down the details and stop bloody sending them out!"

of course they still keep coming
  • Options
    http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/forum/index.php

This site has a lot of truth,postman get blamed but it is Postcomm and managers saving money and cutting the service.
  • Options
    I blame Andrew Mills
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]I worked for Royal Mail for 19 years and saw the job go to pot as they tried to make more money by cutting staff and loads of corners.Poor training and the employment of total wasters has seen the job fall apart.

You'll always be Postie Dave though mate
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]I worked for Royal Mail for 19 years and saw the job go to pot as they tried to make more money by cutting staff and loads of corners.Poor training and the employment of total wasters has seen the job fall apart.

Most of the blokes i worked with have all left and those that remain want to leave,i'm glad i got out when i did.[/quote]

What jobs have you done since the Royal mail?.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Rommagic[/cite]

What jobs have you done since the Royal mail?.

I moved to Wales after i left Royal Mail
    I worked in a Meat Factory in merthyr Tydfil...dont buy your meat from Tescos as thats who we supplied i could tell you a few horror stories...
    then i worked for elephant.co.uk in Cardiff,moved back to London 2 years ago and i've worked for the immigration service since then.