Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The auctions....

edited May 2008 in General Charlton
Don't know if this has been covered already, but currently there's Chris Powell's boots and shirt up on eBay that he 'gave the club as a parting gift'. The club then cash in on this by sticking them up on eBay for people to bid on and stick the money back into the club. Wouldn't it be better, what with the club being a 'community club' to have the money go to charity, or even give every fan the chance to buy a raffle ticket to win the item? If 5,000 people buy a ticket at a buck a pop that's £5000 to charity, much more worthwhile than the £40 or whatever it was for a signed picture of Amdy Faye.

Comments

• do they keep the money or give ti to delmelza`
  • Totally agree.

Powelly's boots are at about £700 though which is amazing i think!
  • the money goes to the club, and to be honest, i think a lot of them are an embarrassment.
  • ledge.......as far as I can see from reading the boots and shirt articles there is no mention of money going to charity. If I am wrong (Henry?) then fair enough
  • Don't know where the money goes but if it was for Charity it would say so.

A raffle would be fine but a lot more difficult and costly to organise. A £1 ticket would be too small an amount to buy on line or even by post, couldn't just sell at the Valley as not everyone could get there to buy outside of matchdays.

I know what you mean about a raffle giving everyone a chance but an auction, especially with eBay doing all the work, is more straight forward.
  • Shouldnt chris's shirt go up in a frame in the corridors? Or is there already one up?
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Shouldnt chris's shirt go up in a frame in the corridors? Or is there already one up?

There's an England shirt signed up Chris up in the Observatory suite.
  • Im sure theres one there B. If not there naffing well should be.
  • Observatory Suite ? whatsit doing in Greenwich Park ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Observatory Suite ? whatsit doing in Greenwich Park ?

I'll set them up, you knock them out.
  • Sponsored links:

• So Henry is helping GH to knock one out?

Disgusting.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]So Henry is helping GH to knock one out?

Disgusting.

In his dreams, mate in his dreams ; -)
  • Very studenty thing to think that WSS. See that why students aint allowed in my pub.
  • WSSWSS
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Very studenty thing to think that WSS. See that why students aint allowed in my pub.
    I agree.

And I wish I was a student with no responsibilities, no job, no mortgage and getting p*ssed every night. Unfortunately those days are a good 4 years behind me...

With your lack of mortgage/rent I reckon you're more of a student than me GH. ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Very studenty thing to think that WSS. See that why students aint allowed in my pub.
    I agree.

And I wish I was a student with no responsibilities, no job, no mortgage and getting p*ssed every night. Unfortunately those days are a good 4 years behind me...

With your lack of mortgage/rent I reckon you're more of a student than me GH. ;-)

GH did say he was doing an OU degree as well. Some sort of Ology. Bloody soapdodger.
  • I remember reading in the programme that the club made no apologies for selling things on ebay. Relegation has really hit the club hard it seems so I guess they need to bring in money anyway they can. And if people are prepared to buy these things then you can't really blame them.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]the money goes to the club, and to be honest, i think a lot of them are an embarrassment.

BUMPING THIS BECAUSE

They've now put up football boots of PardewS AND RIDICULOUSLY Bougherra and even worse SCOTT pile of crap SINCLAIR.

Laughable
  • People will pay for this stuff, so why have it clogging up the place?
  • yeah tru but scott sinclair
  • http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280282721037

this ones a bit optimistic, doubt he'll last 5 more days
  • Sponsored links:

• shh!

If you want him to go keep quiet pure silence is the answer!

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]the money goes to the club, and to be honest, i think a lot of them are an embarrassment.

BUMPING THIS BECAUSE

They've now put up football boots of PardewS AND RIDICULOUSLY Bougherra and even worse SCOTT pile of crap SINCLAIR.

Laughable

scott sinclair was actually good!

We did not utilise him though!