Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which Long gone brands would you bring back?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1947574/Mars-to-bring-back-Marathon-bars.html

With the news that Mars are to bring back Marathon bars to replace Snickers and that they have already re-introduced opel fruits instead of starburst which old brands would you like to see again.

For me I like to hear Nestle pronounced correctly once more ie Nes-alls as in the "the creamiest milk, the whitest bar, Nes-alls Milky Bar" and not Nes-lay

Plus Cresta "it's Frothy man" back on the shelves.

Comments

• Options
    Mint Cracknell. Used to love em.
  • Options
    Orange Kits Kats
  • Options
    Double Diamond...?

Maybe not..

Can't remember it's name but what was the grapefruit flavoured fizzy drink in a bluey green can.....(guessing 1975-1980)

Loved it..
  • Options
    Fry's chocolate creams where everyon piece was a different colour inside
  • Options
    Walls Lime flavoured Ice Cream - Awesome
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Fry's chocolate creams where everyon piece was a different colour inside

Five Centre. I want one now.
  • Options
    Caramac and the Five Centre Fry's Chocolate Cream - awesome. Corona fizzy drinks. Cadburys Aztec Bars and Topics.
  • Options
    Izal(e) McLeod toilet rolls
  • Options
    Bar Six
  • Options
    As a kid I always wanted a BAR SIX but my mum would never buy them.

Last year I was standing on Kings Cross station when I saw a poster for it and I thought great they've brought it back, as soon as I finish filming I'll go and see if I can get one.

Finish filming..... I was on a 1960s set, what a twat.

Oh and Old Jamaca.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    finished filming? do you operate the CTVs there or something lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]Izal(e) McLeod toilet rolls

Still available

Medicated Toilet Roll
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Pointless bringing back Opal Fruits and Marathons. It's the same sweets/ chocolate.

Now if Mars brought back Pacers ....
  • Options
    cola balls, silver coloured boiled sweets, basically cola flavoured aniseed balls.
  • Options
    fizzy chewits
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: sygonrima Old Jamaca.[/quote]

Absolutely top choice.
  • Options
    Acid drop flavour 'Spangles', in the pale blue packet.

Cherry flavoured Jubblies - big pyramid shaped frozen ice-pop type things You'd tear one corner off the cardboard wrapping and suck it for hours in hot weather.

Walls 'Sky Ray' multicoloured, multi-flavoured ice lollies.
    And 'Zoom' - with the free 'cigarette card' in the wrapping.
  • Options
    Golden Nuggets

Colt 45, just to reminded how bad it was, especially warm
  • Options
    20/20

The champagne of the underage drinker
  • Options
    Orange flavoured wagon wheels
    Galaxey Counters
    Old style Mars Bars...the new ones aren't as good as the old ones
    Cadburys Golden Crunch Bars the ones with the little bits of honeycomb in them YUM!
    The old packs of football cards with the little strip of pink chewing gum that used to taste like lino
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Texan Bars

Not the ones they brought out a couple of years back the proper ones with Mighty Big Chew

i was heartbroken that they stopped selling them

What was the Spearmint Chewits called
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Texan Bars

Not the ones they brought out a couple of years back the proper ones with Mighty Big Chew

i was heartbroken that they stopped selling them

What was the Spearmint Chewits called
  • Options
    Pacers?
  • Options
    if thats them bring em back they were great

the problem is when your small the bars are massive when they come back they are small but it cant just be your hands getting bigger it is them money grabbing bstds making em smaller i am sure
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Here's a great website some of you may enjoy, www.aquarterof.co.uk
  • Options
    icebreaker choc bars
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]if thats them bring em back they were great

the problem is when your small the bars are massive when they come back they are small but it cant just be your hands getting bigger it is them money grabbing bstds making em smaller i am sure

Mate very true , look at Space Raider crisps as an example . Used to be 10p a packet no problem , they've now made the packet bigger so the price has sky rocketed up to 25p and I reckon you get the same amount of crisps ...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Caramac and the Five Centre Fry's Chocolate Cream - awesome. Corona fizzy drinks. Cadburys Aztec Bars and Topics.

Caramac is still around, just need to search for it.

Can't stand knorr being called K-Norr.

Bring back Jif - can't stand Cif in the kitchen.
  • Options
    Tudor Crisps, not sure if they had them down south but Pickled Onion were my favourite. They were taken over by Walkers but they are not quite the same, and it is the best advertising slogan "a canny bag of Tudor"
  • Options
    we used to buy 2 crusty rolls from the grocers oposite eaglesfield school and 2 packets of space raiders pickled onion flavour eat the middle of the roll through a smalish hole in the side and stuff the roll with space raiders fecking lovely only used to cost about 30p for all of it