Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I no this old, but i love it!

MCSMCS
edited November 2006 in Fun, Jokes & Captions
I love 'cort a panda', its ace

In the event of finding oneself in the county of Essex (after boarding the wrong train, for example, or taking an enforced traffic diversion) familiarity with some of the colloquial language in popular usage may be helpful.

alma chizzit - A request to find the cost of an item

amant - Quantity; sum total ("Thez a yuge amant of mud in Saffend")

awss - A four legged animal, on which money is won, or more likely lost ("That awss ya tipped cost me a fiver t'day")

branna - More brown than on a previous occasion ("Ere, Trace, ya look branna today, ave you been on a sunbed?")

bruvva - Male relative sharing same parents ("Me bruvva's back in court on Tuesday")

cort a panda - Large hamburger

dan in the maff- Unhappy ("Wossmatta, Trace, ya look a bit dan in the maff")

eye-eels - Women's shoes affording significant elevation to the wearer

Furrock - The location of Lakeside Shopping Centre

garrij - A building where a car is kept or repaired (Trace: "Oi, Darren, I fink the motah needs ta go in the garrij cos it aint working proper, innit")

Ibeefa - Balaeric holiday island

innit - Modifier, usually at end of sentence, to check or clarify that statement is accurate or understood (see "garrij" above - "it ain't working proper, innit")

lafarjik- Lacking in energy ("I feel all lafarjik")

oi oi! - Traditional greeting. Often heard from the doorway of pubs or during banging dance tunes at clubs

owssband - Unable to leave the house because of illness, disability etc

paipa - The Sun, The Mirror or The Sport

reband- The period of recovery and emotional turmoil after rejection by a loved one ("I couldn't elp it, I wuz on the reband from Craig")

Saffend - Essex coastal resort boasting the longest pleasure pier in the world. The place where the characters from TV's, popular soap opera, Eastenders go on holiday

shu' up - Direct request for quiet ("shu' up, I'm tryiner watch Eastenders")

tan - The city of London, the big smoke

war' er - transparent colourless liquid; molecular structure characterised by two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom; vital to all lifeforms

webbats - Querying the location of something or someone. ("Webbats is me dole card Trace? I've gotta sign on in arf hour")

wonnid - 1. Desired, needed. 2. Wanted by the police

zaggerate - To imply that something is bigger or better than it actually is. ("I told ya a fazzand times already")

Comments

• Options
    sounds like my old mate oohaah!
  • Options
    lol, our very own mr essex!
  • Options
    No - as in to have knowledge of. ("I no this old, but i love it!")

:)
  • Options
    sorry addickted, i am thick. ;-)
  • Options
    god you know you're infringing on nik now ollie - beware ;)
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]god you know you're infringing on nik now ollie - beware ;)

Sorry what dood?? dunno what that means! Again, sorry i am a thickie!

*Edit* No its ok i have clocked on what your sayin!

Dont tell her man! I'll get a clip round me ear! lol
  • Options
    don't worry your secret's safe with me... but i'll be giving her and j plenty of stick when i see them in sheff anyway!
  • Options
    And so you should young man! Seen her new car, and MCS works, lucky lucky lucky!
  • Options
    I think you are confusing Essex with Basildon - we are quite refined on Canvey Island don't you know!
  • Options
    yeah j took me for a spin in it before i left, it's flash as hell - just dodged an ob speedtrap ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am proper jeolous of that! I got rid of mine, got a boring golf now! Well cheap to run tho!