Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Carson

edited May 2008 in General Charlton
ston Villa target Scott Carson has admitted he may have to quit Liverpool after calling their £10m valuation of him "stupid money".

The 22-year-old's season-long loan at Villa is over but the two clubs have yet to finalise any permanent deal for the England international goalkeeper.

He told the Wolverhampton Express & Star newspaper: "It's too much. It's stupid money really.

"It may be time to move but I don't know if anyone will agree a fee."

Carson arrived at Anfield from Leeds for £1m in January 2005 and had a spell at Charlton in 2006/07 before Villa paid £2m to take him on loan for this season.

He wants his parent club to be more reasonable when it comes to deciding his future.

"I don't think Liverpool are stupid. They know what I'm worth. They would've recouped what they paid for me in loan fees over the last couple of years, so hopefully they can help me out," he commented.

Villa retain first option on signing Carson permanently and he knows his future almost certainly lies away from Anfield.

"Liverpool have a great keeper in Pepe Reina and he's going to take a lot of shifting, but I've played football for the last two seasons and I don't think I'll be content sitting on the bench."

Regardless of whether he returns to the West Midlands next season, Carson is certain manager Martin O'Neill is building something exciting at Villa Park.

He told the club website: "You only have to look at the squad. There are a lot of young players, and the younger ones are very talented."

"It's been good for me at Villa. When I came here getting into Europe was the aim and that's what we've done."

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=40245

If Villa fans don't appreciate you Scotty, we'll have you back!!!

Comments

• Options
    he is right crazy price
  • Options
    What did Gordon go to Sunderland for... was it £8 million? Is Carson the better keeper of the two?
  • Options
    I think gordon went for nearer 10 million.
  • Options
    So it's a fair price for Carson then... he's younger as well isnt he?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]he is right crazy price

As crazy as £15m for Crouch.

Benitez is having a laugh!
  • Options
    See Villa are now being linked with Paul Robinson for £5m, which would suggest that Carson will be on the move again.
  • Options
    Is Villa sign Robinson where will he go?

Portsmouth-James
    West Ham-Green
    Newcastle-Given/Harper
    Arsenal???
    Blackburn-Friedal
    Boro???
    Man City- Maybe if Hart goes.
    Spurs???
    Charlton-Yes please ;-)
  • Options
    oh yes Come back to the Valley
  • Options
    Stoke have agreed to buy Carson for £4 mil.
  • Options
    :-(

Meaning he will be in the Championship this time next year.

Maybe we can buy him if we go up...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Stoke have agreed to buy Carson for £4 mil.[/quote]

WHAT!
  • Options
    So in the space of two months he has gone from £10m to £4m?

Good deal for Stokey.
  • Options
    And Villa paid £2m just to have him on loan for a season!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]So in the space of two months he has gone from £10m to £4m?

Iwelumo went from £1m to £400k in the space of half hour !
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Credit crunch
  • Options
    Carson is out of our league - until we get promoted!

Let's be honest - he will get a lot of practice at Stoke
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Carson is out of our league - until we get promoted!

Let's be honest - he will get a lot of practice at Stoke

He could just keep them up though.
  • Options
    A good keeper isn't enough to keep you up.
    Even if you have a good striker as well.
    We should know!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]A good keeper isn't enough to keep you up.
    Even if you have a good striker as well.
    We should know!

True, but I have a sneaky feeling that Stoke could "do a Bolton" and survive with their physical unpremiership like style.
  • Options
    Let's sign him. We've still got that £16 million in the bank from the Bent deal haven't we - plus probably around £2million extra in interest by now.

Whilst we're at it, let's make a bid for that Russian fella who impressed at the Euro's.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carson - an over-rates shot stopper who rarely came off his line and didn't command the six yard box let alone the penalty area.