Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Pompey bell ringer

edited May 2008 in General Charlton
banned from taking his bell into wembley by the OB

Pathetic or what - the england band , yawn, allowed as they are licensed. Not that I am a fan of Mr Westwood as it is annoying but Pompey won't be the same without it will they.

Comments

• Options
    Good, well done the Met
  • Options
    really ??

why
  • Options
    He should be banned from every ground the annoying twirp!

(i agree though - utterly pathetic)
  • Options
    well done met,grow up mate
  • Options
    Pathetic

OB should spend more time looking at the real problems on our streets

not banning a bloody bell wonder how many man hours and meetings it took to come to that decsion

Waste of time
  • Options
    Not sure about this one!

I don't like the pedantic stance on it but on the other hand he has got on my nerves for years. There have been occasions when I could cheerfully have wrapped the thing round his head!

Perhaps they should come to a compromise - let the bell in and keep the bell end out!
  • Options
    Nice to see that the Met are on the ball though.There isnt a day goes by where im not truely thankful they are out there protecting me from mad bell ringers GOD BLESS EM.
  • Options
    who wants to hear that.
  • Options
    i can see why people say well done because it is very annoying and imagine siitting next to him - but it's only a bell.
  • Options
    Quasimodo ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pain in the arse.

Dresses like a puff.

Good riddance.

However, PLAY UP THE ENGLISH TEAM.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Had many good times playing Pompey in the past.When we was ground sharing at westham,we played them in that anglo cup thing,after the game i drove back to the Royal in Mottingham with a a few pals!much to my suprise a transit full of pompey were in there on route home.The geezer with the bell clocked my programme in my back pocket!we got chatting nice bloke,shared some great stories of past events in our encounters with them!And yes he did the bit with the bell at the end of the night!Mind you lucky for them it was a tues or weds night as could have been a bit on top for them if it had been a sat nite!lol
  • Options
    Just imagine it --- 28 flat hated top OB numptys at a special meeting at some 5 star hotel . Meeting last all day, lunch and dinner thrown in. To decide to ban the Bell Man. Next item on the agenda :

2.1.11 . Iminant threat to bomb London transport system. Emergancy plan.

"gents it appears the bar is now open, i suggest we leave item 2.1.11, until our next meeting at The Gleeagles Hotel when the sun is out".

GOd Bless em i tell thee.
  • Options
    So if you were sat near him & the thing shot out of his hand & landed on your noggin you'd say, 'oops that smarts a bit tee hee butterfingers have your bell back & carry on me ol' china' Please! The geezer is a pain & it probably took no more than 2 seconds to reach the decision to force hin to leave his ding dong behind. Now if they can only get him to put a bloomin shirt on!
  • Options
    Part of me says fair enough, same rules applies to him as would me or you, but another says..spoilsports, let him have his day out with his little bell.
  • Options
    KBLilsis maybe they could get him for offensive torso ?

how can he ringthe thing at all the other grounds and not wembley though ?
  • Options
    He's not allowed at the Valley with it these days. Cant think why not ;-) & GH thats spot on, imagine the field day they'd have at St James Park with that offence!
  • Options
    I agree the bell (and the bugle?) has always annoyed me but it is unique to Pompey - just like the pompey chimes. He is a character and football certainly needs them as our game becomes more and more sanitised - hence those bloody clappers!
  • Options
    bring back air horns
  • Options
    Boris has also announced a booze ban on the tubes this weekend as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like to see them try to enforce that with the Cardiff fans!
  • Options
    it surely must affect sky's ratings when they show pompey home games. i managed to watch about 10 mins of their last one before turning it off as my ears were about to blow up.
  • Options
    Tavern you sure it aint an offence to "air-horns".

R.I.P our Bugle man a true legend .
  • Options
    Annoying but it's part of the bloody atmosphere...the numptys strike again..God help us
  • Options
    Bell ringers and speeders

SCUM OF THE EARTH LOCK EM UP

Once again the OB show they don't have a clue.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Boris has also announced a booze ban on the tubes this weekend as well

my bruv is gonna love that. He's BT OB so he's gonna have a fun weekend
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Ledge hope your brother gets better soon !! (smiley thingy)
  • Options
    yuck bt ob
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Boris has also announced a booze ban on the tubes this weekend as well

my bruv is gonna love that. He's BT OB so he's gonna have a fun weekend

We was talking about this the other night ni the boozer.

Group of 15 football lads on a tube going across london to watch an away game, all sitting there with the cans of stella, happy days.

Would you like to be BTP/TfL staff member to ask them to refrain from drinking, I know I sure as f*** wouldnt.
  • Options
    You live and learn on here though BT Ob well i never knew British Telecom had OB ?what do they do smash your door down if you do a wrong dial ? whats there uniform like do they wear a hat like one of those old dial up phones ? instead of" nick , nick" do they say"ding dong".