Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Bent

edited May 2008 in General Charlton
Wigan to buy him for £1M?
http://www.setantasports.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/05/15/Premier-League-Bruce-on-loan-trio/?facets/sport-space/football/great-britain-locale/

He got plenty of goals before Christmas but they have dried up since then, which is a shame because otherwise Rangers might have followed up their earlier interest.

God knows what is going to happen to Faye though - surely Blackburn aren't still interested?

Comments

• Great get the money

Rangers wont want Faye as i think nor will Rovers
  • edited May 2008
    Murray said we would get some dosh for Bent if wigan stayed up as part of the loan deal. No idea how much , but hopefully 100K+.

Now if we sell Thomas that would mean we have £100,000 and 2 bob in the kity already.
  • edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Great get the money

Rangers wont want Faye as i think nor will Rovers

I'd be surprised if Stafford rangers wanted him, let alone Glasgow rangers. One of the worst footballers i've ever seen.
  • How is that man playing football

Ive seen Sunday morning players better than him
  • Traore the worst ever fact. How he coned so many footie clubs is beyond me
  • well, with the wages he is on, he won't be at The Valley next season imo. Perhaps one of the promoted teams will take him off our hands. Please, pretty please ??
  • If Faye has a year left then i'll bet my bottom dollar that Faye will be staying with us unless we pay him off in Full. What really gets me is that the b*stard will living like a king for the rest of his life laughing at us mugs who'll be paying for it all.
  • Why dont we ask him to come to a supporters nite out. We then knock him on the head, wrap him in brown paper , leave him at Blackheath post office with a a label "not known at this address return to Ian Dowie care of QPR".
  • http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/08/05/16/SOCCER_Wigan.html&TEAMHD=premiership
  • Found this on wikipedia, cracked me up:

Bent is a semi-pro DJ and rapper going by the stage name 'MC Bender'. He was an honorary member of the former UK Garage outfit So Solid Crew, where he won widespread critical acclaim for his freestyle lyrics ("Jus coz me namez Bent don't make me a batty boy...").
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Traore the worst ever fact. How he coned so many footie clubs is beyond me[/quote]

They (we) conned themselves.
  • Bent will be out of contract at the end of next season, £1m if we can get it will be ok money. Given that most would have let him go on a free at the end of our relegation season that represents a half-decent deal.
  • I expect, at £10 a time, Marcus Bent, the forward who averaged half a dozen goals a season over the course of his career, will, in time at all, become a billionaire!
  • I heard a story once not sure whether this is true, that he left his boots at his parents in Ipswich and sent a taxi from Blackburn to pick them up costing about £500.
  • Can I send him one back.

"Thanks for the goal at Stamford Bridge. You can now go down in Charlton folklore alongside other non goalscoring twunts such as Hasselbaink & Dodoo"
  • When is Southall’s birthday?