Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sankofa released

Comments

• Options
    On the cards that one. Never really once looked like staking a permanent claim for the right back spot.

May need to take a couple of steps backward before moving forward again.
  • Options
    Good luck Osei - hope you have a decent career.
  • Options
    always looked like a good player and decent back up, but he does need first team football. good luck osei.

strange how they've announced players individually this season. fair enough with powell, but they announced sankofa and gibbs seperately when they usually announce all 6 or 7 players at the same time.
  • Options
    Yeah I agree can't say i'm surprised.
  • Options
    Good luck to him.
  • Options
    Does that mean we're gonna get Old Greg on the permenant then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Does that mean we're gonna get Old Greg on the permenant then?

i would say no, depends how far down our list of RB target he is. I'm presuming Connelly was our No.1.
  • Options
    good luck to the fella
  • Options
    I'd agree that Connolly was our number one target. Has he actually signed for Derby yet ? If not maybe we are still in with a chance.
  • Options
    i neveer thought he was any good to be honest however i thought he was quailty turning up for all the yoof cup games
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sankofa is better than halford!

just another sign of pardew's real approach to football
  • Options
    hear hear ken tred
  • Options
    Good luck Osei.
  • Options
    He's not up to Championship football, lets be honest
  • Options
    I am starting to worry that somehow he is going to manage to hang on to Thatcher.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: KenTred[/cite]sankofa is better than halford!

just another sign of pardew's real approach to football

no not by a mile
  • Options
    Sankofa may be Championship level, but I doubt he would be quality at this level.
    As for Thatcher, Pards has already he said he intends to keep him, and if they agree terms then I don't see why not? He's still fine as a player and we need some experience and character around the dressing room.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I am starting to worry that somehow he is going to manage to hang on to Thatcher.

I think the fact that he has talked about Basey as left sided midfield could prove the point, the only saving grace is that Thatcher has said thatb he is too good for this division.

I feel sorry for sankofa, his appearances in the 1st team have been limited and sporadic, so he has not really been able to develop through a run. Good luck to him, I hope he gets at least a League 1 position
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I'd agree that Connolly was our number one target. Has he actually signed for Derby yet ? If not maybe we are still in with a chance.

Signed for Derby according to the BBC site.
  • Options
    Not surprised but looking at his pedigree I just wonder if we might regret this one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wouldnt worry about his pedigree, chum
  • Options
    Oh Gawd WSS................LOL
  • Options
    Yeah good luck oss.Not really suprised though. Was nt even getting a regular game at Brentford during his loan there.
  • Options
    Good luck Osei - I thought he had promise and it wasn't so long ago he was playing against Arsenal and being harshley sent off. Not sure he was Prem class but I thought he might have been good enough for the CCC.

On the other hand he doesn't seem to have set the world alight at Brentford. Maybe he needs a move to another club a bit like Lisbie.

Financial reality is that in this division you have to trim your cloth.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]... you have to trim your cloth.
    less of the euphemisms please
  • Options
    Rumour (I read it on Wikipedia so its probably wrong) he is signing for Blackpool