Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powelly's Exit Confirmed

WSSWSS
edited May 2008 in General Charlton
See you in a couple of years Chris.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32414

Comments

• Options
    Yep see you soon Sir Chris

Sooner rather that later would be nice
  • Options
    Speculation on a Sheff United website that they might be interested in him.

Seems a bit random to me, can't see an obvious connection betweek Blackwell and Powell, and can't see Powell uprooting his family unless its a player coach role.
  • Options
    Perhaps back to Southend if they win the play-offs?
  • Options
    I know criticising Powelly is off limits but I thought that when he played last season he was a bit of a liability to be honest. Surprised that a team with promotion aspirations would be interested.
  • Options
    Agreed HH.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]I know criticising Powelly is off limits but I thought that when he played last season he was a bit of a liability to be honest. Surprised that a team with promotion aspirations would be interested.
    To be fair, he was only ever really there last season as emergency cover - he only ended-up playing as much as he did due to injuries.
  • Options
    After he got injured, he missed 6 weeks worth of fixtures.

Then Basey got injured and he was rushed back to the 1st team after only 2 training sessions and not even a reserve team game. So lacking in match fitness, he was plunged straightaway into playing 3 fixtures in his first week - that's a tall order for a much younger player, let alone a 38 year old.

Playing on after that, he was clearly knackered but with the games coming thick & fast, and no cover, he never really had the necessary opportunity to recover between games.

I think the guy was a bloody hero for playing on, not fully fit and knackered. He put club before his own needs.
    How many other, let alone younger players, would have done that?
  • Options
    Legend
  • Options
    Cheers mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I said legend not jobsworth
  • Options
    ;-)
  • Options
    not sure if people saw his last diary entry a few weeks ago:

http://www.icons.com/powell/diary.html?22.05.08