Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life has passed it's first big test...

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
...with flying colours!

Congrats to AFKA and Lookie on successfully hosting the site on what appear to be some rock-solid servers.

I doubt if netaddicks could've coped with the volume of traffic over the last 24 hours. The o/s has struggle a couple of times today when I've tried it too.

Comments

• Brown noser. You want to be one of those Welcome Officers dont you?

In all seriousness. Yes well done lads. NA would have been a mare last night!
  • Aye to that, what kind of traffic has the site had?
  • edited November 2006
    lol!
    Nah - I'm just a geek that notices these things! ...altho if the welcome officer is still getting paid......
  • Here here.

Barely an ill word said even if we dont all agree with each others opinions.

If it was gonna kick off on here then it would have done by now.
  • I think the fact that at lot of us have met or know people who know others helps. A little more respect.........
  • edited November 2006
    cheers guys, that's much appreciated. And i know Adam feels the same.

Traffic means very little to us to be honest, because we are largely unknown outside of Charlton circles. I'm also not sure our counter is fully counting correctly and including every page that's visited, but as an indication, between 10pm 11pm the site saw treble the traffic than a normal lunch hour. The blog article posted last night was read by around a 1,000 unique visitors (and many more hits) alone overnight, which considering this site is pretty much unknown outside Charlton circles was good circulation. And every week the amount of traffic we are receiving is increasing, at quite a rapid in the past month.

Amazing that it was only launched 13 weeks ago. Feels like we've all been here forever !
  • I made sure that I brought this site to the Charlton Hierarchies attention as a more realistic & balanced view of fans opinions..!
  • Ketman - do you mean your dad or someone else? :o)
  • I too have been impressed by the mature way this contentious subject has been debated on here without resort to the childish name calling and abuse which sometimes occurs on another site!

Well done to all but especially AFKA and Looky for setting it all up.
  • what is a welcome officer?
  • Sponsored links:

• He's the old geeza you have at the entrance to Asda handing out the baskets! ;o)
  • Basically its a clique that Danny has set up ;-)