Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hose pipe ban

Water companys the length of Great Britain are to announce a hose pipe ban from Midnight tonight

After 3 days of hot weather supplys are now low and reserves are now being used

Comments

• Options
    I know it'll seem extreme, but the water stocks still haven't fully recovered from the last time.
  • Options
    really ?

I was only joking
  • Options
    after the water rates this year I was expecting oil to come out when turnt the tap on.....
  • Options
    utter bollox. it hasn't stopped effing raining all year.
  • Options
    i think the first post was a joke
  • Options
    and the second was sarcasm
  • Options
    it was
  • Options
    but at the same time would not surprise me if they did
  • Options
    I tell thee what though, I betif the weather carries on like this for a while it wont be far from the truth. The fact that we had no summer last year, the reservoirs have been full to overflowing and big chunks of the country were underwater allowing the water table to become saturated wont stop the greedy bastard water companies bleating on and imposing ridiculous bans at the drop of a hat.

We're an island nation - we're surrounded by the fookin stuff. Use half your bloody obscene profits to fix the pipes, stop the leaks and the jobs a good un. "Offwat"? Don't make me laugh.
  • Options
    We're an island nation - we're surrounded by the fookin stuff. Use half your bloody obscene profits to fix the pipes, stop the leaks and the jobs a good un. "Offwat"? Don't make me laugh.

Unfortunately when the water companies were privatised in the 90s the money raised went to the government and was not re-invested in providing a better service and repairing the system.