Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ambrose and his groin

WSSWSS
edited May 2008 in General Charlton
http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32403&newstype=p

"I'm happy to stay. I've got a year left on my contract and I've got some unfinished business because we aren't back in the Premier League. That's the aim - to get back in the Premier League - because that's where every player wants to be."

and

"We're a massive club, we've got a lot of good players and we should have finished higher than we did. But we all know that, we'll learn from it and we'll start again next season and be a lot stronger."

Ambrose debate again?

I like him and i think he would be a big loss if he went elsewhere. That being said, we'd get nothing for him next year...

Comments

• Options
    Groins are horrible things .........." The mind boggles, Darren.

"We're a massive club......". Does our Darren think he's playing for Man City or Tottingham ?

;o)
  • Options
    like him
  • Options
    Marketable, and i believe replaceable.

It will be very interest to see how goes and who stays this summer, because there are quite a few i put in grey areas
  • Options
    what has gotta be weighed up is his ability to contribute with goals from midfield, against his ability to go missing in matches for long periods and his lightweight presence.

until we are confident of replacing his goals, i say keep him.
  • Options
    and assists Mr Bacon Sandwich.

Salad had a stat that he was invovled in either scoring and/or setting up 25% of our goals this season - that's a hell of a lot for one player!
  • Options
    although he says he hopes to be back for the first game he also says he might be out for four months which takes us into Sept and beyond the transfer deadline. He'll still be with us next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]although he says he hopes to be back for the first game he also says he might be out for four months which takes us into Sept and beyond the transfer deadline. He'll still be with us next season.
    Good point
  • Options
    It's obvious that he's been pacing himself, lots of early substitutions and in & out of matches this season.
    Now we know why.

A fit again Ambrose could be a revelation next season.
  • Options
    stick him behind the front man/two and he is class
  • Options
    I think if we have a stronger defence Ambrose will be much more effective in midfield although i also see him as one of the players who could be off loaded if he gets fit for the start of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]although he says he hopes to be back for the first game he also says he might be out for four months which takes us into Sept and beyond the transfer deadline. He'll still be with us next season.

Could be sold at 11.59pm on the last day of August.

What club would let that happen? ;-0
  • Options
    Anyone got an update on his progress?