Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

QPR part company with manager

QPR have parted company with Luigi De Canio by mutual consent.

Rumour circulating that Zidane might take charge there.

Are they going to start splashing the cash big time now? If so, will surely be odds-on favourites for promotion.

Comments

• Options
    so who is signing the players they are at the moment ?

Next Chelsea ? More like next Leicester....
  • Options
    Hardly high quality players they're getting in at the moment!
  • Options
    Zidane?!

ha ha ha ha
  • Options
    Just said on talksport

Zidane and Luis Figo 1 and 2

for fecks sake dont they realise we are the next champions of this division
  • Options
    I think they don't realise that neither of them have any managerial/coaching experience as far as i know.

I think its brilliant
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I heard they're getting Cory Gibbs in as physio as well.
  • Options
    the players them 2 could convince to come to them it wouldnt matter a jot

those 2 have played at the highest level and would have picked up enough knowledge between them to come good i dont believe Keano had any manergerial experience they all have to start somewhere
  • Options
    can just see Zidane and Figo trying to persude Messi that his future lies at QPR and not Chelski.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]the players them 2 could convince to come to them it wouldnt matter a jot
    Who do you think they could attrract to play in the Championship?

Raul? Ronaldo? Adriano?

All of the players they could attract are world class players and even if money does run the game at the moment i doubt top quality players would lower themselves to the championship level.

At best they'll get promising european youngsters, and as we know, this does not always work out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]the players them 2 could convince to come to them it wouldnt matter a jot

those 2 have played at the highest level and would have picked up enough knowledge between them to come good i dont believe Keano had any manergerial experience they all have to start somewhere

Exactly Klinsmann had no experience when he managed Germany. Van Basten had none but has done well with Holland. Great players already know enough about the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    QPR Players "So boss, we're away to Blackpool this weekend, any advice"

ZZ "err Black-pool Vere is this Black Pooool?"

Might work but Keane knew English football and English and Irish players.

Strange that they appt a guy and then sack him but if it's good enough for Man City and Leicester then so be it.

Maybe Dowie is preparing his "Revitalising the Rangers" presentation as we speak.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I reckon they will have a team full of older pro's coming to the end of their careers who are currently at big clubs they will be playing srious bucks i reckon you could easily see Makalele, Sol Cambell and players like that go there whos to say Henry wouldnt end up there it solves his issue of finding a club close to his daughter and he wouldnt have to play against Arsenal the first year anyway.

They will have to go up next year so they will be buying the best that you can to get out of the league

Henners they reckon Mutual consent as Di canios family wouldnt move from Italy
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited May 2008
    Henry?!

It will be like they are playing Championship Manager and just choosing the team before you start the game.

I know for a fact that even when I gave Charlton £999m when they were in Div 1 on that game (1995/96) the best I could attract was Danny Cadamateri!

I'll give Demelza house £10 for each of those players - if they turn out for the QPR first team in the next 12 months.
  • Options
    you may have a point with say Campbell or, perhaps Makele, but Henry would still want to win things in my opinion. You may be right though. Would make it interesting.
  • Options
    you never know WSS you never know if them 2 take control of the team there would be no point putting players in it who couldnt do what they want them too, most people on here reckon footballers are mercenaries you watch who goes there
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited May 2008
    The world (the football one) will have seriously gone mad if QPR buy any regular first teamers (be it in Europe or the league) from the top 7 in the PL....

And as for Thierry Henry I think I would not be able to stop laughing (until he banged in 20 against us over a couple of games next season).
  • Options
    What do they know about Championship football ??

They'll probably prepare the team for a wet, windy away game in Blackpool by taking them on a jolly to sunny Spain

oh.....
  • Options
    Henry is a guess a few QPR boys here have been banging on about it for weeks nad they have used the Coca cola hospitality at QPR like i have at Charlton and they have been banding about names all season Henry keeps popping up in conversations with the Vetren Hosts there, They reckon there could be players like Riise from Liverpool, Berger at Villa all old boys on 1 or 2 year big big big money contracts
  • Options
    You know you've been spending too long on Charlton Life when you read this thread and wonder why QPR would want to sign our esteemed supporters' director.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    All old boys...... great players on the ball, but few of them will will have any pace.

So while they are trying to play pretty triangles and chip Weaver from the centre circle ......we have our PACY fullbacks, Moo2 & Yougs, our PACY forwards Varney & McLeod/Dicko up front and the new 'Dennis in the last minute', the PACY Waggy Wagstaffe.

Even Weaver has a PACY throw (...at least when we're a goal down with 2 mins to go).

Poor Queers Park Rangers ...... for all their FAST money, they wouldn't stand a chance.

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy you is a crazy guy but a goodun
  • Options
    so that's one team that's definitely gonna finish above us......... aaaaaah we missed it this year we soooooooooo should have been minimum play offs...fffffffffffffffffffffffffs
  • Options
    Ah, but OohAh...... we'll take more away then QPR. ;o)
  • Options
    Oohaah

they will finsh 2nd to us

Champions Champions Champions
  • Options
    you must be on cider NLA !!
    oggy i know your smiley thing is acknowledgment of the fact that qpr will bring more than us on average to away grounds next year;-)
  • Options
    Oohaahmortimer, old chap, our away support is crap ....at least according to a regular poster on here!

;o)
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Money talks I guess. I find this another bizzare but all too usual these days instance of

"if it ain't broken, lets break it anyway because we've got the money to do it"

My brother in law is a Rangers fan and he was singing the praise of Di Canio and saying how they were going to storm the Championship next season. Apparently not with him in charge.
  • Options
    Di Canio did ok considering that when he joined they were in the relegation zone.

Crazy to have sacked him, and crazy to bring in another manager from outside the league. By common consensus this is a tiugh league to get promoted from and you need a manager who knows their way around it. A foreign manager just won't have the experience of how to play teams like Blackpool and Barnsley away.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

Exactly Klinsmann had no experience when he managed Germany. Van Basten had none but has done well with Holland. Great players already know enough about the game.
    *cough*John Barnes*cough*
  • Options
    According to Sky Sports news Dowies got a chance. Are they mad ?