Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New article: Richard Murray at the Bromley Supporters meeting

I thought i would do a brief summary of the thrust of the evening to give others an insight. Have checked that no confidences have been breached. Click on link below:

http://www.charltonlife.com/blog/?p=189

Comments

• Thanks AFKA.

Illness prevented me from attending on Tuesday so this was most informative.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]Thanks AFKA.

Illness prevented me from attending on Tuesday so this was most informative.[/quote]

Did wonder where you were. Hope you are OK now.
  • Any news on the new sponsor/s
  • [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Any news on the new sponsor/s

No. Just said there will be new sponsors for next year, but didn't say if they had been found yet or not.
  • good work

Cheers
  • Moved to admin for now, will explain later.
  • WSSWSS
    edited May 2008
    Intriguing
  • oooOOOoooo
  • first C/L libel action???????? :-)
  • no, just over-sensitive types reporting me, calling me an idiot and wanting me banned from the Bromley group, despite me going through channels to get it all checked out beforehand.

Though i strongly disagree, i've pulled it out of politeness while an email debate is going on.

Try not to mention for now as i don't really want it in the public arena as i'm sure it will aggrevate further. I'm out this evening, if anyone picks up that its been pulled can someone just say there is a tech problem with the blog. cheers
  • Sponsored links:

• I assume Ben knows the culprit and is backing you up?
  • yes

though i think i've fought it out well. particularly as i've done jack all wrong !
  • its still not up tho....
  • I think danny was close to blowing a gasket last night....
  • who's the a-hole causing the problem then..?
  • storm in a tea cup, all resolved. will be back up today. Bit cheesed off about it to be honest, not nice reading emails with people slagging you off, and others not being 'fully honest'.

Anyone, all passed.
  • name names, we want details!
  • i get the feeling he won't

pouts lip!
  • Nice to see the fountain pen dusted off well again AFKA,

Good peice with real insight and no confidences broken.

Only Charlton eh-
  • That is why our Chairman and Board never need to be called names by people on here.

where and who else would face fans after relegation and failure to return at first attempt

cheers muzza
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks Dan, good article, well written and a fair account of the night. It must have been hard to get over the feel of the night without breaking any confidences but I think you did it well.

I don't think I'll bother going next time. I'll just wait for the CL write up : - )
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]That is why our Chairman and Board never need to be called names by people on here.

where and who else would face fans after relegation and failure to return at first attempt

cheers muzza

Exactly but I think that point just can't fit into some peoples tiny minds.
  • Henry i for 1 believe that we owe more or less everything to people like Mr Murray,however if others dont and cant see what the board has done for us so be it. It dont make them tiny minded.

Why is it that a certain section of society believe that they are the moral majority but if anyone dissagrees with their way of seeing the world its insults and to be rubbished ?

Opinions re football will always differ end of.
  • edited May 2008
    If they can't understand or fail to see the bigger picture then they are either tiny minded, or have only been fans over the last few years and have no knowledge of the club from the 70s/80s or understanding of how close we came to going out of business altogether.

What bugs me is that those who criticise the board always claim to have been fans for decades, went to "home" matches at Selhurst and Upton Park.