Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

End OF Season DVD

edited May 2008 in General Charlton
I always buy the end of season video, I even have some produced by Finches, from the scaffolding of Shxthurst Park. I was very dissapointed with the review of the season last year (The season bit not the Premiership years), previously they had been well produced with interviews and training ground cameos's) (It was on a season DVD that I realised house thick Konchesky was and more articulate Parker was), so I hope this year more effort is put into it.

When we won the Championship, I made a suggfestion to the club that at the end of the video (as it was) they run a list (Similar to the list at the end of a TV program) of the records we broke that year, so no one would forget the records we broke - it was acknowledged as a gooid idea but nothing happend, the sort of thing I am thinking of is the 1st time we won at Wolves in x years, the 1st time we had done the double over Palace since the 20's, the 1st time a player had scored back to bakc hatricks (Andy Hunt) or a hatrick against the same team home and away (Andy Hunt v Stockport) and there were I am sure loads more. Any way as suggestion this year, how about an extended section on the career of Chris Powell, in trotal or from Southampton thumping in our first home premier league game (was trhat our first game or did we haveone away) to Sunday with him held aloft, ifnothing else I am sure it will sell more copies. Anyonme else who want to make a suggestion?

Comments

• Options
    how about 'buy a pencil get a free DVD'. Can't see 'em shifting too many of the season we've just had. I'm trying to obliterate it from my mind and don't want to be reminded of it.
  • Options
    Really like the extended Chris Powell bit if he leaves the club. Would certainly bump up sales.
  • Options
    i'd buy a video of sunday's game, but wouldn't bother for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    You'll be amazed what gems there are in these dvd's - lastr season had West Ham and you could see just how good Thomas is. I'll always get the seasons highlights - and yes I do use that word losely
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I think it was a bit unrealistic to expect the club to invest resources in an extensive production of the 2006/07 campaign, because relatively few people wanted it. What you may not appreciate is that additional filming and editing is a significant part of the cost and what we were able to do was put out a complete but minimal record of the season off the back of Pride and Premiership, which itself was quite expensive to make.

In terms of the 2007/08 season, I did warn when we produced P&P that the quality of the material from this season would not match recent years, due to the limitations of the coverage of Football League matches in the first place. To my knowledge no decision has been made to produce a DVD of the 2007/08 season (and I've overseen the production of every one for the last eight years) and there has been some suggestion that there might not be one at all, but if one is produced it is unlikely to be elaborate for the reasons above.
  • Options
    Cheers Airman,

would be a shame to stop now though.
  • Options
    I agree but if you want one I think you need to let the club know.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]I agree but if you want one I think you need to let the club know.

Thanks Rick that puts it in perspective.

I think that the club said last year that it was only produced for people like me that wanted to keep a record on going, so here is the request for us geeks this year. Take your point about the production costs, far too logical an explanation in my opinion :-).

I am sure it was during your tenure that my excellent idea of the rolling record of the Championship season was ignored :-)

It would be nice to have a bit on Chris's career and I do think it would add to sales, although wether that would be suficient to cover the production costs I obviosuly don't know. Who do we let know at the club, or are you able to now we have raised it?
  • Options
    Not something i would buy

DOnt fancy re watching Blackpool put 5 in against us
    Losing to QPR twice
    etc
    etc
  • Options
    I'd buy it. There were some good wins and goals despite all the rubbish. So Blackpool away was dire but Blackpool at home we were great.

One of those things you watch once or twice when you get it but is really interesting when you see it again in a few years time and ask

"That Shelvey, whatever happened to him?",

"Matt Holland, how did he get POTY?",

"Chris Powell, would we have cheered him like that if we'd known that he'd go on to take Millwall into the Premier League",

"and to think some people wanted to sack Pardew that season, weren't saying that when we won the FA Cup were they"

"Oh yeah, I remember Peter Varney, thank god we got Steve Waggott instead"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I'd buy it. There were some good wins and goals despite all the rubbish. So Blackpool away was dire but Blackpool at home we were great.

One of those things you watch once or twice when you get it but is really interesting when you see it again in a few years time and ask

"Chris Powell, would we have cheered him like that if we'd known that he'd go on to take Millwall into the Premier League",

"and to think some people wanted to sack Pardew that season, weren't saying that when we won the FA Cup were they"

"Oh yeah, I remember Peter Varney, thank god we got Steve Waggott instead"

And who was that guy on the board with the cardigan fetish.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I'd buy it. There were some good wins and goals despite all the rubbish. So Blackpool away was dire but Blackpool at home we were great.

"Oh yeah, I remember Peter Varney, thank god we got Steve Waggott instead"[/quote]

Along with...wasn't this the season we decided to dump idea of having a Supporters' Director?
  • Options
    "And the year the fan's forum was launched. Would have thought back in 2008 that it would become a fully fledged Supporters' Trust and so was able to take control of the club when that multi-billionnaire benefactor left all his shares to the fans"