Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well Said Keegan

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/06052008/58/premier-league-keegan-big-four-total-bore.html

Comments

• Options
    I said it first!

On here.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    sorry chirpy lol sink coming up then lol

I think the majority of 'real' fans would agree with him.
  • Options
    Simple to fix though. Just make the last Champions League spot a playoff between teams fishishing 4th-7th. Gives the entire league something to fight for and it would guarantee the end of the cozy top four arrangement. If it went to a vote 16 teams would vote in favour so who gives a toss if the big boys don't like it.
  • Options
    I think that's a really great idea Santa
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited May 2008
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Good counter argument:

[url][/url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A35623389

interested rather than good. The Federer and Woods comparisons are poor as they dominate because they are better than the others, not because they have more money.

The interesting thing to me is the poor record of our clubs in the UEFA cup compared with our 'Champions' league entrants. That shows how close clubs 5-20 are to getting up with the top 4 in my book. as for everton running Liverpool close - they are currently 11points behind them, putting them closer to mid table than to getting in amongst the big four.

The final nail in the articles coffin is when they suggest that man city could be contenders if only their dodgy (probably) owner lets them spend as much as the top four do. Essentially admitting the only way to break in is by spending oodles of cash.
  • Options
    I know he only writes b*llox to provoke debate, but what that clown at the BBC is apparently not understanding is:

The whole damned country is bored sh*tless of the Premier League prizes being out of reach unless your club can be backed by self-interested billionaires or borrow wrecklessly.

The Premier League is now a competition of Finance - where the clubs that have the most money ALWAYS win.
  • Options
    IF Pards does not get us in the Champions League within three years then he (if he is around) and the board should be sacked - no ambition some people - smiley thing in capitals
  • Options
    make football more interesting - easy, No points for a draw, that would sort a few things out.
  • Options
    bonus point for 4 goals or more?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    10 bonus points for fielding more than 3 English born players in your starting eleven.
  • Options
    It'd never be allowed to happen, but a salary cap would do the trick.

I don't mean a salary cap based on a % of a clubs revenue (60% or whatever) where big clubs would still dominate, but one where every team can spend up to the same amount on players wages and not a penny more (I'm not sure what a realistic figure would be).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite]Simple to fix though. Just make the last Champions League spot a playoff between teams fishishing 4th-7th. Gives the entire league something to fight for and it would guarantee the end of the cozy top four arrangement. If it went to a vote 16 teams would vote in favour so who gives a toss if the big boys don't like it.

Similar to what they do in Holland. PSV won it so go into champions league, teams finishing 2nd-5th play off for the other champions league place and the rest go in the UEFA cup.