Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Anchor

Good to see so many old face (and geting older!) at The Anchor after the game. A few blasts from the past as well.

Defo a good pub when the sun has its hat on.

Comments

• Options
    Feck knows how I got home and yesterday was a right off er indoors wasn't best to chuffed. I have pointed out to the good lady we have ten weekends to walk around B&Q
  • Options
    i felt like shite yesterday,i think i rolled in about midnight.
  • Options
    remember u stacking it up by the station mate,we must looked a right lot walking up the road swaying and falling over
  • Options
    is indeed a marvellous boozer.

We ended up in Blackheath - some serious crumpet up there as well.
  • Options
    What time was you at The Anchor then Ledge ?

Curb-It and i sussed how to get served quicker at the bar , you just start singing.Bit like kareoke without being asked !
  • Options
    singing at the bar...oh dear.

left at 9pm... just as well i say.

Place was mobbed still at that time.
  • Options
    Do they do food there ? i seem to remeber ages back going down there before a kick off and having lunch ?

I also remember one xmas going in the and Dave F and The Legend that is Duncan Frame having a huge spread on. Pre Dave F leaving for Spain.
  • Options
    They only do lunches bar Wednesday night which is curry night for a fiver. They now do sunday lunches from 1-3pm only.. as they normally have entertainment on after that.

Thats how to run a pub tho. Love the place.
  • Options
    100% agree B. Its not a big place so u make what u can with the outside etc. They had a good mob of locals in as well as us. Although small they still had a small stage in there.

It always makes me think of the sea side when im down there ! must be the sea gull sh*t !
  • Options
    B wanted to stay if i remmeber rightly on Sunday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I always want to stay but I listened this time... went to the Viceroy to finish the night off.
  • Options
    was a good bit of banter B
  • Options
    I was there from about 12.15 until leaving for the game and then after the game until about 6.30 then we went Blackheath
  • Options
    it was banged out in the evening, good to catch up with some of the old school...
  • Options
    Looked like there was going to be a lockin for the locals. left at about 10.30.

Some good songs inside and some very old terrace stuff outside. Wonder what the locals made of it all.

Pub must have taken a few quid though.
  • Options
    They dont mind normally as long as no naughty stuff... i ushered a few of the youngsters out.. because they were singing football songs in over the singer which was a bit annoying for the locals i would imagine.

apparently the Oak was quiet.
  • Options
    Oak was empty when we left to go to the Anchor about 6.30..
  • Options
    Oh dear just remebered when they asked that young lady up on stage, she sung Simply the Best by Tina Turner. Bet the locals hadnt herd the version sung by some of those there though !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Oh dear just remebered when they asked that young lady up on stage, she sung Simply the Best by Tina Turner. Bet the locals hadnt herd the version sung by some of those there though !!

What version is that then?....;-)
  • Options
    I was thinking its normally quite busy there on a bank holiday sunday but that was one of the biggest football crowds i've seen down there. Everywhere you looked there was someone you knew to chat to. Great venue /night for an end of season drink up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    B there were people u didnt know but it didnt stop u chatting to em !!

Gump i was outside and herd it but has no place no here as i dont fancy get a head lock off Curb - It
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I was thinking its normally quite busy there on a bank holiday sunday but that was one of the biggest football crowds i've seen down there.

I bet they didnt run out of lager either!
  • Options
    I was slightly "overserved" so i'd chat to anyone tho i think i managed to avoid northstandsteve most of the day. :-)
  • Options
    i think it was more a case of NSS avoiding you............
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I was slightly "overserved" so i'd chat to anyone tho i think i managed to avoid northstandsteve most of the day. :-)

you must have been more pissed than me as we had a chat regarding, the curbishley question and answer session a few years ago.
  • Options
    Remember the other half picking me up at some point, everything else is a blur
  • Options
    i had a bruise on my elbow Monday morning but couldn't remember stacking it until WIWLB said it this morning.
  • Options
    oh yes i remember that now you mention it. hot water question.
  • Options
    see you was more pissed than me ;-)
  • Options
    A lot of us make it our Sunday afternoon regular in the summer, kick off about 2-3pm, hanging on about 7-8pm free grub normally, entertainment etc, great pub in the good weather.