Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Moo2

IMHO Moo2 is the future at right back but will he stay. Not sure that Pards fancies him too much either. When he joined he was captain of the French under 21 side. His career has stalled to say the least and I imagine his agent would prefer him to move on to get it back on track. I like Halford but don`t expect him to sign so we do need a decent right back but is it Moo2 ?

Wadya rekon ?

Comments

• Pards picked him out in his prog notes as one who will develop further.
  • i think he's fantastic and to totally out him for that mistake at scunthorpe was poor decision
  • He is great going forward but less so defensively from what I've seen. Frankly if we are going to play a high tempo attack minded passing and moving game, I would have no problem with him in the team because they are going to be worried about our ability to hit them and defensively we should be in less grief. On the other hand, if we are going for solid grinding out results play then he doesn't fit the bill unless they work on his defensive qualities.
  • Maybe it is first year syndrome. Drogba was slated when he first came as have a few other overseas players and they were coming into better, more consistent sides.

Pace is so much of today's game that he is worth persevering with.
  • edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]it's not just Pace though is it?

You need Hale too.
  • Our best player today I thought.
  • Had a very good game, very confident in his ability going forward, still needs to be tighter at the back but that will come.
  • Thing is, Cranie needs to be tighter at the back, Halford did...at least Moutauokil does well for us going forward. Played well Tuesday too.
  • Good player, potentially very good, needs to play regularly, especially at home.
  • Craine can not play left or right back, he is better in the centre, Moo2 has to play right back now, still not totally sure on Basey, he is still a kid. I think I have given up on Youga.
  • Sponsored links:

• Agreed. Has the odd moment defensively, but offers so much more going forward. Much of our good stuff in the second half came through him.
  • Visibly grew in confidence as the game went on.

He needs a run of games.
  • a m a z i n g today!
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Visibly grew in confidence as the game went on.

He needs a run of games.

I agree Len. He does need to ensure that he concentrates when defending but he is a player of some skill.
  • In my opinion, its important to have good attacking fullbacks and Moo2 is exactly that. You may get the odd lapse but this guy is quality and should stay in the team.
    Works really well with Sam as seen previously in the Reading game. Come on Pards, give him a good extended run.
  • edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: pjs35[/cite]In my opinion, its important to have good attacking fullbacks

What do you prefer, an attacking full back who can't defend or a defensive full back who can't attack?

In all seriousness as their job is defending, they must firstly be able to defend If they can't they might as well be played as wingers, which, of course is what many of them do.

What I suspect you really mean is that as good defenders, it would be better if they can attack as well. It seems to me, over the last few years we have suffered from full backs who were either inadequate attackers or inadequate defenders. You have to go back to Powell or Herminator or Young in their heydays, to find that sort of player.

Thatcher - good defensively/poor &/or slow going forward
    Powell - In his final spell, reasonable defensively/slow going forward
    Sankofa - average defensively poor going forward
    Basey - improving defensively/slow going forward
    Halford - reasonable defensively/slow going forward
    Youga - Erratic defensively/good on occasions going forward
    Moo2 - below average defensively/good going forward (except can't cross for toffees)
    Cranie - Inexperienced defensively/rarely ventures forward
    Semedo - inexperienced defensively/improving going forward
  • I agree with the comments above - we need to change the shape of the team to make use of our overlapping fullbacks - both Youga and M2Kil are great going forward and we should utilise them both as wing-halfs in the format 5-3-2

M2kil Cranie Hudson Primus/Fortune Youga

Holland/Wright Bailey ZZ/Shelvey

Todorov Varney

When we attack we can push up the wing halfs - all the midfielders are able to hold and attack so we will have five across the middle of field when attacking and two upfront - this will be a great shape, when defending we have five across the back with the central midfielders dropping back...

The extra is that we have defenders (Cranie and Fortune/Primus) who can go across and still have two behind him rather than the one at the moment in centre...

I have seen enough of 4-5-1 - this is too negative and the 4-4-2 too narrow and we are unable to utilise the full width of the pitch...
  • I would like to see how the 5-3-2 would work. I also liked the initial formation against Bristol City a 4-5-1 but an attacking one with wingbacks (Youga and Moo2) and fast wingers (Varney and Buzz) the additional attacking feature being Ambrose as attacking Midfield which I think is his best position. With 2 defensive midfielders we also have the ability to get behind the ball. Worked well until Bailey was caught in posession and the heads and the formation went to pot.

Moo2 has to be a part of any formation with wingbacks. I think we need to accept his defensive frailties (althought I have seen him make some great tackles sprinting back from an overlap) and work on a Kevin Keegan, we are going to score one more than you basis
  • Moo2 against Scunny and Stoke last year before he got injured, looked a world beater.

So no doubt, it's basically a question of confidence.

I think that now we are seeing Moo2 grow in confidence and improve game on game.
    Sometimes a player just has to play in order to get better.
  • The 532 (it wasn't 352) was a disaster first half Saturday, get rid!
  • Sponsored links:

• Agree with Oggy, Moo2 is worth a run especailly given the chances Varney is being given.
  • Motherwell are set to lose the services of loan star Yassin Moutaouakil in the New Year, skysports.com understands.

The French full-back is currently on loan at Fir Park from Charlton in a deal which is due to expire in January.

Well are very keen to see Moutaouakil remain north of the border, but interest is such that the 23-year-old could find himself in the Premier League come January.

Skysports.com understands that scouts have been flocking to check on Moutaouakil in action, as reports of his good progress have mounted.

Moutaouakil signed for Charlton in 2007, when the Addicks beat the likes of Lazio, Aston Villa and Everton to the signature of the then French Under-21 international.

However, things did not work out as expected for Moutaouakil and he joined Motherwell in the summer with the hope of reigniting his career, and that is what he has done.

Now at least two Premier League clubs are considering bids for him, whilst a host of Championship clubs are also readying moves and a switch back to England now looks highly likely.
  • Apparently his agent does a very good Keith Moon impression
  • "At least two Premier League clubs"
    "a host of Championship clubs"

None of whom can be named because the story is utter bull.
  • Jesus, that article could have been written by his agent. See Henry's link in the Akpo Sodje thread for a more first hand acount of his performances in Scotland.
  • [cite]Posted By: SilentAddick[/cite]I agree with the comments above - we need to change the shape of the team to make use of our overlapping fullbacks - both Youga and M2Kil are great going forward and we should utilise them both as wing-halfs in the format 5-3-2

Todorov Varney

Blimey, look at this proposed team lineup from last season .......!
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SilentAddick[/cite]I agree with the comments above - we need to change the shape of the team to make use of our overlapping fullbacks - both Youga and M2Kil are great going forward and we should utilise them both as wing-halfs in the format 5-3-2

Todorov Varney

So good we don't even need a keeper!
  • I'm so glad several of those players no longer play for Charlton.
  • Some of the Motherwell fans comments on him. Doesn't make good reading really.

"Get him punted. Loves fucking up every attack and being lost in defence"

"Wasn't impressed by him today at all. Guy couldn't cross his legs tbh."

"Passin- shite
    Defending- shite
    Crossing- shite
    He's fast. But dreadful "

"exciting when he gets on a sprint but then you remember his crosses never beat the first man"

"I think he may be better further up the park but theres no chance hes a defender, he had one of the worst individual performances i can remember from a player today."

"If Charlie Mulgrew can make you look like a dick for 45 minutes you're not good enough."

"If we were an athletics club he'd be a great person to have in the team, but he can't defend, his positioning and awareness are suspect, and for how far forward he goes his crossing is woeful! "

"He's sooo fecking frustrating! But at the end of the day he's easily the weekest link in our defence, that says it all really. For all his pace his final product is, nine times out of ten, shocking."

"He's brutal. Someone offered to drive him back to Charlton. I'll give him a piggyback. Can see him becoming a Gus Caesar."
  • [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SilentAddick[/cite]I agree with the comments above - we need to change the shape of the team to make use of our overlapping fullbacks - both Youga and M2Kil are great going forward and we should utilise them both as wing-halfs in the format 5-3-2

Todorov Varney

So good we don't even need a keeper!

Still got relegated, though!!