Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Good Luck Jonjo

edited May 2008 in General Charlton
I just want to say good luck for today Jonjo. You have always been a star in our eyes. I hope you and the team have a great last game of the season and really enjoy the day

Comments

• Options
    Well said Unc. Just leaving Southampton to go to the game. Hope Jonjo (and the rest) have a good game today and we can go out on a little bit of a high.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]Well said Unc. Just leaving Southampton to go to the game. Hope Jonjo (and the rest) have a good game today and we can go out on a little bit of a high.
    Well i'll be leaving Harold Hill in about an hour so lets hope its a good day with plenty to cheer about. Have a good journey
  • Options
    We can all see why you're proud Alan , let's hope he has a good one
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]We can all see why you're proud Alan , let's hope he has a good one
    Thanks mate
  • Options
    Have a great day Uncle, I`m sure Jonjo will make you even prouder.
  • Options
    The boy looks like a proper star in the making - I tought he had a cracking game.
  • Options
    Hey Unc,what have they been feeding him on, looks like he's mid 20's and plays like he's a star in the making.
  • Options
    The club will make a nice little profit out of him eh Off_it. JonJo was a star and how refreshing for a player that looks up and passes the ball to his team mate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]The club will make a nice little profit out of him eh Off_it.

Sorry, I don't get ya.
  • Options
    He played well today. 16 years old, he has a great future
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought he was excellent but I thought the whole team were excellent today. Shame it has come a bit late but bodes well for next season.
  • Options
    Well played Jonjo, you have reignited my hope for next season. NB has anyone checked his birth certificate? He looks more 26 than 16.
  • Options
    Very good performance from Jonjo today, if he stays with us for a while he can due both us and his career a lot of good.
  • Options
    jonjo was brilliant today, and he his a big guy, and knocking hughes off the ball for fun most of the game....

he also has a great range of passing, and isnt scared to shoot

lets hope he stays at charlton for many years to come, and leads us to success

shouldnt he be revising for his gcse's though ;)
  • Options
    Really was an incredible performance for a 16 year old. Wasn't only the passing, composure, running on the ball, vision and strength that impressed me, but that tackle in the second half which he had no right to get to!

Hopefully the guys who sat behind me at the Sunderland youth cup game who kept saying "he ain't nuffin special, man" now realise they were wrong!

Really is promising for the future that we have players such as Shelvey, Basey, Youga (at the moment!), Wagstaff etc all making such an impact on the first team already.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: trickyrickycafc[/cite]

Really is promising for the future that we have players such as Shelvey, Basey, Youga (at the moment!), Wagstaff etc all making such an impact on the first team already.[/quote]

Yep, maybe the plus of having a poor year is that they'll get an extended chance in the Championship next year with Charlton. Had we been promoted I doubt they'd get the same opportunity in the Premiership.
  • Options
    fair play to jonjo he played well today, good effort dude
  • Options
    Well done Jonjo - excellent performance. Strong in the tackle, creative passing and great movement. I really hope you go from strength to strength.
  • Options
    Thanks for all your great comments we were obviously so very proud and thought he was great although probably a little biased. He still reads all the comments on here cos i chatted to him tonight and he klnows all your handles and what you say !!!! So be nice lol ..... Just like to say thanks for a great day over there and look forward to many more next season
  • Options
    dude he played well today, no bias here
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks MCS he done us proud
  • Options
    Built like a brick shithouse, the most encouraging home debut from a Charlton player (signed, youth or otherwise) for a very long time. He's only going to get better too.

Just remember the lads only just 16 though eh?? Makes me feel very old but he looked very well composed and will play a considerable part in the future of this club
  • Options
    Didn't make the game yesterday but my old man raved about him. Hope he makes the same impact Bowyer and Parker did.

Saw a pic of him in the KT.....looks older than me....lol
  • Options
    Had an absolute cracking game, but lets be fair, Coventry were shit, especially their goalkeeper.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Robbo on the wing[/cite]Had an absolute cracking game, but lets be fair, Coventry were shit, especially their goalkeeper.

Kasper is on loan, imagine how bad the guy he replaced is
  • Options
    Wasn't he on-loan to Cardiff when we beat them?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Wasn't he on-loan to Cardiff when we beat them?

Yep...That's 9 goals he conceded against us this year.
  • Options
    I tell you what I can't wait to see him at 18 if he is like that at 16 - what an immense performance by the boy totally bossed the game.
  • Options
    Well done JonJo ,another great performance. You given the fans the boost that we needed,and a reason to look forward to next season that we didnt have a couple of weeks ago. Thanks mate.
  • Options
    Top performance Jonjo, one the Killer Clan knew you had in you (my Hubby has been going on all season about playing you..........me being a girly kept saying it was too early.........what do I know eh!)

Look forward to watching you develope into a great player. I just hope we can hang onto you for a wee while.

It's the first time I've even contemplated putting a player's name on my shirt.

Good luck young man!

oh & Uncle............bet your grin hasn't gone all weekend!