Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Wimbledon

Just got promoted to the Conference South! C'mon!

Comments

• Options
    fantastic news , saw they were one down and was worried they were gonna miss out again

another reason why we should play them and not the franchise scum

only two more leagues to go and back in the league proper , congratulations
  • Options
    yep with Dartford it's good to see the tradition teams turning it around and coming good again.Shame Maidstone dont seem able to push on again,hopefully that will come when they get there new ground.
  • Options
    well done AFC.

See John Scales was very polite when asked what he thought of MK on soccer am today. mk dons fans were on there today so would like to have seen him give it some.
  • Options
    Congrats! Great news.

Not sure if tey still have a couple of ex-Charlton on their books but they did have when I saw them earlier this season: Mark de Bolla and Karl Beckford.
  • Options
    Will be fun down at Welling next season. . . .
  • Options
    And Fisher, too, since they lost their play-off and stay in Conference South.
  • Options
    well done
  • Options
    Shame for Staines who were in the lead and finished above them but will be a few good derby's in the Con South including Bromley.

Congrats AFC
  • Options
    I'm not sure what the infatuation is with Wimbledon ...
  • Options
    Because out of adversity, loyal Wimbledon supporters formed their own club to carry on the name, and stay iin the community.

A club in every sense of the word.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Because out of adversity, loyal Wimbledon supporters formed their own club to carry on the name, and stay iin the community.

A club in every sense of the word.

Yes, I get all that but this total infatuation. What about United FC, Boston FC, what about supporting your local non league side over Wimbledon?

I for one hope Welling stuff them ...
  • Options
    Good news. What a story it will be if they continue there climb back to the Football League.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Good news. What a story it will be if they continue there climb back to the Football League.

I look forward to the AFC MKD showdown
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Good news. What a story it will be if they continue there climb back to the Football League.

But the AFC fans won't go to MK and the MK fans are all "plastic scum" so won't go to Kingstonian's ground. : - )
  • Options

It will never happen mate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]

It will never happen mate.

I hear they've arranged a pre-season friendly : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]Congrats! Great news.

Not sure if tey still have a couple of ex-Charlton on their books but they did have when I saw them earlier this season: Mark de Bolla and Karl Beckford.

De Bolla scored the winner for them in the play off final
  • Options
    AFC are nearly as bad as MK Dons! What about poor old Kingstonian who have had AFC forced on them and probably lost a lot of potential support in doing so!!

And the Stones will be back soon! Stayed in the Ryman Premier Sat before last by winning at Folkestone on the last day! Estimated away support of 800+. Not bad for the Ryman Premier!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Organiser[/cite] Estimated away support of 800+. Not bad for the Ryman Premier!!

We'd settle for that in the Championship! Just thought i'd get in before OohAah
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Organiser[/cite]AFC are nearly as bad as MK Dons! What about poor old Kingstonian who have had AFC forced on them and probably lost a lot of potential support in doing so!!

And the Stones will be back soon! Stayed in the Ryman Premier Sat before last by winning at Folkestone on the last day! Estimated away support of 800+. Not bad for the Ryman Premier!!

actually if it wasn't for afc wimbledon then kingstonian could well have gone out of business as the guy that owned the ground didn't seem to keen on the club and more keen on the real estate value of the ground itself . AFC being formed and moving in there enabled afc to buy the ground and have kingstonian as their tennants at a very reduced rate .

I'm not an afc supporter any more than anyone else on this site but after what our own club has been through it's great to see how well they and other clubs such as dartford , maidstone and of late aldershot are doing . This sort of thing restores your faith in football.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

But the AFC fans won't go to MK : - )

I'm going to be bloody lonely if its a week day match then
  • Options
    Many thanks for all the words of support to AFC Wimbledon.
    As a fan of 'Plough Lane' days and visits to 'The Valley' I have many fond memories of being a young London Boy.
    When a friend and I set up

http://thefootballsoccerplace.myfanforum.org/

We of course included AFC Wimbledon and as you would expect you can find Charlton there.
    Hope some of you will pop by and post your thoughts on what the seaon 2008-2009 might bring for both clubs.
    Two more promotions and we hope to join you in the League, but perhaps by them you will be back in the Premiership.
    Good Luck Charlton and thanks from a Wimbledon supporter.
  • Options
    Cheers footballsoccerplace, best wishes to you and to AFC Wimbledon. I went to Plough Lane to watch us play you in the old Harry Bassett days with Fash the Bash, Dennis the Menace, Vinnie, and the rest of the Crazy Gang. Happy days!!
  • Options
    well done
  • Options
    My mates Son plays for them
    James Danaher