Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

R(eally)I(njured)P(layer) Cory Gibbs

WSSWSS
edited May 2008 in General Charlton
http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32376&newstype=p

Not that he was ever here.

The greatest Charlton non-legend ever.

Comments

• Options
    It's official then..................he really didn't exist!
  • Options
    At least we can say we met him dude....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]At least we can say we met him dude....
    Very true.
  • Options
    If it wasn't our club, this would of been one of the most hilarious sagas ever.
  • Options
    Oh it still is, it will get talked about for years!
  • Options
    Gibbs will live long in folklore alongside fellow greats Rowett, Barbe and Bagheri.
  • Options
    And Jesper Blomquist
  • Options
    horrible heading. poor bloke.
  • Options
    Think the Corry Gibbs song will get an airing Sunday & probably forever more now, feel cheated that I never saw him play :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]horrible heading. poor bloke.
    Only if you don't understand what RIP means in his context!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    now a stupid heading... and to pratice what you preach shouldnt you have posted it under this.

pedant
  • Options
    Gutted

The best player the club has seen in years unreal

PARDS OUT

SACK THE BOARD

Wonder if we get to say Bye on Sunday come PArds at least let us see wht he can do
  • Options
    You're quite right. Shame on me.
  • Options
    It'll be a good quiz question in years to come.....what was Cory Gibbs' squad number.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]Gibbs will live long in folklore alongside fellow greats Rowett, Barbe and Bagheri.

Not forgetting Gary Poole
  • Options
    I feel for the bloke.
    It just wouldn't work out for him, would it?

I wish him the best of luck. He'll need it.....!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]It'll be a good quiz question in years to come.....what was Cory Gibbs' squad number.
    i think we should retire it tbh
  • Options
    As far as injuries are concerned, poor old Cory was the Jonah of the squad.
    I don't think any player would dare risk having Cory's number.......
  • Options
    cory gibbs was number 17 ....
    so who signed this mythical player
    a) curbishley
    b) andrew mills
    c) dowie
    d) p varney
    e) r murray
    f) pardew
    g) waggott
    h) shergar
    i) the invisible man
    j) an other
  • Options
    Good luck to him...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree...I don't know the first thing about the poor guy (for obvious reasons!), but can't help but feel sad that things haven't worked out for him at the club, especially given that I wasn't aware that he was 28...thought he was much younger. This is his livelihood that we are posting about...
  • Options
    I think him and Sorondo were signed inbetween managers viz. Curbishley and Dowie, although given their injury records it looked like a Curbs farewell present. From what I remember Gibbs had just got over a bad knee injury when we picked him up, a bit like Sorondo who had been injured for the best part of his years loan here.
  • Options
    I thought Sorondo was with us for Curbs last season. Gibbs was identified by Curbs.
  • Options
    Gibbs new club ....... West Ham

Reunited with his original admirer.
    You heard it here first!

:o)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]I think him and Sorondo were signed inbetween managers viz. Curbishley and Dowie, although given their injury records it looked like a Curbs farewell present. From what I remember Gibbs had just got over a bad knee injury when we picked him up, a bit like Sorondo who had been injured for the best part of his years loan here.[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cory_Gibbs

After injuring his knee in a U.S. national team friendly against England on May 28, 2005, Gibbs rehabbed (under the direction of Dr. Daniel Kalbac in Miami, Florida) and came back from his injury on January 19, 2006. On January 24, 2006, Feyenoord loaned Gibbs to ADO Den Haag for the remainder of the season.