Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Kits

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
With only one game to go I thought there would of been some news on what the new shirts are going to be. And the new name on the shirt. Has any one got any info?

Comments

• would be nice to know any news Henry
  • Bring back Sue........;-)
  • In the programme it said they will show the new kits over the summer.
  • bit Slow

Just had a email from Orient saying teh new kit by Puma is out

Dont know why im on there mailing list ?
  • Why does it have to be so bleeding secretive. Get the feckig things out in time for holibobs.
  • Holibobs.......???? :o)
  • yeah holibobs
  • yeah what Ledge said
  • Thought it was common knowledge away was white with silver bits on, and I think hme is red isn't it??!
  • maybe scruffy but why can't we see it
  • Sponsored links:

• Henry said its green and white hoops....
  • better not be
  • [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]Henry said its green and white hoops....

Looks around with suspicion of someone trying to be funny.........

mind you gump have seen the historical football kits site, The Gers played in blue & white hoops at one point
  • [cite]Posted By: DA_9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]Henry said its green and white hoops....

Looks around with suspicion of someone trying to be funny.........

mind you gump have seen the historical football kits site, The Gers played in blue & white hoops at one point

I know mate.....Apparently Villa's colours are made up of Claret for Hearts and blue for Rangers..
  • And did you know Arsenal only wear red due to borrowing a kit years ago from Notts Forest....allegedly
  • Maybe the sponsor isn't confirmed yet.
  • so even orient have got a decent brand , I pray that one day we'll get a decent one ourselves as it is twenty years since we had adidas and since then we've had nothing but two bob brands
  • I like Joma.
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Maybe the sponsor isn't confirmed yet.

And maybe the sponsor hasn't been found yet.........
  • Don't know about the sponsor but the Joma deal runs to the end of the 2010 season.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]I like Joma.

So do I, but they are a two-bob brand. And so are Quaser, Ribero and every other make we've had since the adidas days. The Le Coq Sportif was the biggest make we had, but even they're not as good as the likes of adidas, Umbro, Puma, etc.
  • [cite]Posted By: Woody[/cite]

So do I, but they are a two-bob brand. And so are Quaser, Ribero and every other make we've had since the adidas days. The Le Coq Sportif was the biggest make we had, but even they're not as good as the likes of adidas, Umbro, Puma, etc.

Does the brand really make that much difference it just means that a different underpaid third world worker stitches the logo on
  • edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]Does the brand really make that much difference it just means that a different underpaid third world worker stitches the logo on
    Probably the same person.
  • Any further news re kit launch / new sponsor.
    Have heard that home kit is red with a white squared area on the shoulders and that the white kit has a black and a red band across it - bit like mid 90's that was similar to a Sampdoria design.
    Also that Joma might become our sponsor as well as kit manufacturer.
  • [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]
    Joma might become our sponsor as well as kit manufacturer.

That means we can't find a sponsor, doesn't it? Another nail in the financial coffin...
  • it would be a nail in the coffin of Joma for sure!
  • [quote]

I know mate.....Apparently Villa's colours are made up of Claret for Hearts and blue for Rangers..[/quote]

The Scottish connection is evident in the clubs early choice of colours, which were initially described as "cardinal red and royal blue stripes" (ie hoops - vertical stripes did not appear until the 1880s). According to Tony Matthews, the dark red represented Hearts and the royal blue, Rangers. In the late 1870s the Scottish lion rampant figured prominently on the shirts.
  • Rangers fans will believe anything : - )

Rangers formed 1873
    Hearts formed 1874
    Aston Villa formed 1874

The founder of Aston Villa was Scottish which might explain the lion rampant but why would they copy the colours of two new clubs they would have hardly heard of.
  • [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Any further news re kit launch / new sponsor.
    Have heard that home kit is red with a white squared area on the shoulders and that the white kit has a black and a red band across it - bit like mid 90's that was similar to a Sampdoria design.
    Also that Joma might become our sponsor as well as kit manufacturer.

Where did you hear that?
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]
    Joma might become our sponsor as well as kit manufacturer.

That means we can't find a sponsor, doesn't it? Another nail in the financial coffin...

Or that Joma are offering more money than the other potential sponsers??

How you manage to spin something negative out of a thread about new kits really is beyond me.