Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dowie's style

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
From what I read in the papers it appears that it was paralysis by analysis, fitness regimes that were at odds with todays professional footballers, not enough time with the ball or on the training pitch and a lot of talk and philosophy.

Now the audience he deals with are not the brightest, their goals were to be top flight footballers not executives and perhaps his sports science ways just were'nt in keeping with the mindsets of the players.

So it will be interesting to see if his departure comes as a relief to the CAFC playing personnel and that they get their team approach and never say die attitude together again, I for one hope to see a refocused and refreshed team to take on Reading looking well and truly as if they have been unburdened

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Latimer[/cite]So it will be interesting to see if his departure comes as a relief to the CAFC playing personnel and that they get their team approach and never say die attitude together again, I for one hope to see a refocused and refreshed team to take on Reading looking well and truly as if they have been unburdened

Alternatively are our players a bunch of lazy gits that spat their dummies because they were asked to earn their over inflated salaries for a change?

Only time will tell.....
  • Options
    If we'd been getting the results then it wouldn't have mattered, the players would be happy, getting their win bonuses and things would be a lot more relaxed all round.

Wenger is credited with introducing a new regime at Arsenal - out when the drinking, drugs and fast food culture in came fitness training, better dietary advice, alcohol bans and better coaching. I'm not suggesting that there is a booze problem at Charlton, far from it but taking all things into consideration they become onerous when a team is losing.

If there was a players revolt...then they've got what they wanted with regime change. It's therefore down to them to do the business in a training atmosphere where they are happier. There comes a point where you can't hide and it's down to the players to show they were right.