Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Weaver

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
I am not overly fond of Nicky Weaver, I think he is one that should go this summer, I see Southampton could go down, I wonder what you all think of Richard Wright?

Comments

• Options
    i was thinking that until his cock up for the west brom goal, commentator said you cant blame the keeper, yes you can went straight through him
  • Options
    I like Weaver think he has done a good job overall
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charlton_carl[/cite]i was thinking that until his cock up for the west brom goal, commentator said you cant blame the keeper, yes you can went straight through him

harsh, very harsh. It was a good hit and I don't think he was at fault.
    [cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]I am not overly fond of Nicky Weaver, I think he is one that should go this summer, I see Southampton could go down, I wonder what you all think of Richard Wright?

I'm not overly fond of him (Weaver) BUT I reckon he's performed okay this season and we have other areas to worry about much more than the goalkeepers. Plus he's better than Wright.
  • Options
    Nah cannot agree with him being better than Wright, but I agree their are more important areas to strengthen, Defence, Midfield and Attack...... christ we are in trouble..... I would not mind if the players had some heart...
  • Options
    Weaver has had a fine season IMO, as Large states above we have other areas to worry about long before replacing Weaver.

As for Richard Wright, he's useless.
  • Options
    I think Weaver has been an excellent free signing. Certainly no worse than anything we could of hoped for, and you can count the number of individual mistakes on one hand.

Do believe he is one of many players likely to leave this summer though.
  • Options
    harsh, it was a poor shot and the bloke didn't get his body behind it, i think it was down to him but he did make some good saves prior to that
  • Options
    If Randolph had made that mistake against Saints rather than the one he did make we'd all be jumping on him giving him verbal.

I think if the ball is coming straight towards you from 18 yards out you should be saving it regardless of height/power etc.
  • Options
    Let's face it Weaver is one of our more saleable assets so expect him to go back to the Prem.
  • Options
    Weaver has been a good player this year, getting rid of him would be a mistake.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Weaver has been a good player this year, getting rid of him would be a mistake.
    But ultimately not the board's or pardew's choice.
  • Options
    I like Weaver, he does a good job, and is better than most keepers in this league, he has hardly let us down this season, and saved us a few times as well, sadly i think there are a few fans who still look at him as the Man City keeper who we used to have banter with.
  • Options
    As a goal keeper I think Weaver has passed his peak in football terms. I dislike the man for his past anti Addicks antics and therefore I have refused point blank to swapping Christmas cards. I will continue to boo him everytime his name is announced. Here endith the first lesson on how not to be a hypercrite.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]Let's face it Weaver is one of our more saleable assets so expect him to go back to the Prem.

can't really see that happening. To whom ?
  • Options
    Weaver's been an excellent signing in my opinion, made some key saves at vital times. He was in my top 3 players of the season for sure, I honestly think selling him would be a mistake.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]As a goal keeper I think Weaver has passed his peak in football terms. I dislike the man for his past anti Addicks antics and therefore I have refused point blank to swapping Christmas cards. I will continue to boo him everytime his name is announced. Here endith the first lesson on how not to be a hypercrite.
    Did you boo Di Canio when he played for us?
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]As a goal keeper I think Weaver has passed his peak in football terms. I dislike the man for his past anti Addicks antics and therefore I have refused point blank to swapping Christmas cards. I will continue to boo him everytime his name is announced. Here endith the first lesson on how not to be a hypercrite.
    Did you boo Di Canio when he played for us?
    Or Andy Gray after he celebrated his penalty in front of the covered end when Burnley beat us this season,
  • Options
    Weaver has been consistently good IMO, he would be near the top of my list for players to keep.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]As a goal keeper I think Weaver has passed his peak in football terms. .

Absolute toffee - he;s just coming into his best years as a goalkeeper.
  • Options
    I can boo who I want to ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Soildgone has admitted it's nothing to do with football
  • Options
    your right Solid you can, but i think we are trying to point out maybe there are others who deserve to get stick before Weaver,
  • Options
    i think Solid was only messing around !
  • Options
    Well he needs a northstandsteve lesson in sarcastic smileys!
  • Options
    Weaver's been consistant all season - and if we should be promoted next year, he would be one of the few in our squad with the ability and experience to hold down his place.

He's 29 years old - in his prime, perfect age for a goalkeeper and for several years yet.

Whether he'll be tempted away by say, a lower Prem club, I've no idea.
    But good, experienced keepers don't just grow on trees.
  • Options
    Get real folks. Weaver cost us nothing. Had a pretty solid season. Elliot and Randolph ain`t ready. We have no money to waste on a GK who would be no better than NW. Far bigger priorities for Pardew to Pi** money up the wall than to spend on a GK
  • Options
    SHG i think weaver has done alrite but as i have said b4 i think we will get an offer for him which we might find ourselves unable to turn down, As AFKA has said before we need to reduce the wage bill of which i am led too believe that Nicky weaver is up in the top end of our earners