Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

les reed

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
the club showed no courage in showing dowie the door ,the team he was left with was a right motley crew of underacheivers,but no the bland charlton board decided in haste to out someone that was trying to change the whole scene at charlton,while other clubs win cups,get in europe,play football easy on the eye,we have been accustomed to to lets face it SHITE,in dowie came a man totally diffrent to the charlton way,he needed time everyone new that,to many players who play for a pay cheque at charlton and nothing else.but good news les reed is in the building ,bland passionless four five one here we come,and the "good days" of coming 16th and going out of cups early are on there way back.and regarding the league cup dowie got them there,so if they did get to a final he deserves half the credit.

Comments

• Options
    Tuesday choice

1) 4-5-1, midtable, out of the cups early.

2) Relegated, losing money, wages beyond revenue, eventual midtable in the CCC
  • Options
    Are you Simon Jordan in disguise?

This season's aim now is to stay up. End of.

Next season we can then worry about conquering the world.

Sacking a manager after 12 games is not "bland", far from it. Murray has shown year after year that his priority is this club and I for one and am prepreared to have a little faith.
  • Options
    sorry lucy, don't really agree with at least half that. think you may have a point that they have moved too early, but i also think you are looking at it with only one eye open.
  • Options
    id rather win something or enjoy a final win or lose,if your happy with the crap they produced in the last ten years your easy pleased.les reed does not inspire,the club is so predicatable forever patting its self on the back,its like watching a boxer who cant punch at charlton,they jumped ship far to early imo
  • Options
    How do you know Les Reed doesnt inspire the club?
  • Options
    Lucy - so you'd throw it all away for one trip to Cardiff?
  • Options
    I think this sacking has come too early, but I wanna hear what they have to say before saying anything that might make me look stupid later. Lucy yes the football was shite for best part of two years & it improved imeasurably this season, however the counter argument will always come back we are bottom which is difficult to defend against.
  • Options
    yes, is a bit of a shock, but who'd be pointing the finger at xmas if things hadn't turned around? i'm sure they haven't taken the decision lightly, and if there was behind the scenes unrest, then surely best to get it sorted early.
    if at xmas, we were still down there, and they made the decision then, then perhaps it would have been too late?

i think they've been very brave. no body knows what is going to happen, if this is a good thing, and no one can be sure till we've got a few wins under our belt. we can't say things might have changed with dowie, nor do we know if things will change with reed. i don't think the club have been rash about it though, i'm sure they've thought long and hard, and they know more about it than we do. and therefore, we have to back them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lucy lou[/cite]id rather win something or enjoy a final win or lose,if your happy with the crap they produced in the last ten years your easy pleased.

so for argument sake, from scraping through against Bolton reserves and scraping through against Chesterfield, you're convinced Dowie was taking us to a cup final ?
  • Options
    Time will tell whether it is the RIGHT decision but it is undeniably a brave one.

The easy option would have been to hide behind further than ever before in the Carling Cup, bad luck with injuries etc, etc for a few more games or even to Christmas.

Richard Murray has identified a problem though and been proactive in doing what he thinks is right to sort it. Don't forget he appointed Dowie so he is holding his hands up and saying "sorry I've made a mistake but I'm going to put it right."

After what he has done for our club over the last 15 years my loyalties are firmly with Richard Murray and I trust him to get us through this crisis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i want to win something yes,thats what makes a clubs history,being in the premiership is great yes,but there has to be a point to it,if we went down came up again in the not to distant future but had a cup for our troubles i could think of worse.tinpot cup or not[always called that when you aint won it] its there to be won,all im asking for is players who play with pride,mendonca players,who have some pride in wearing the shirt.for fks sake do something.
  • Options
    when has panicking been brave?
  • Options
    christ, you're a happy number !! :-)
  • Options
    "After what he has done for our club over the last 15 years my loyalties are firmly with Richard Murray and I trust him to get us through this crisis. "

Absolutely 100% right! There is more to this than meets the eye, and we are unlikely to find out the truth. Who would you trust to look after CAFC - at the moment the only answer is Richard Murray. Some of the rantings you read on message boards are quite extraordinary.

It is amazing how people are willing to turn their backs on 15 years of solid achievement and make extreme comments based on virtually no information.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    i don't think the decision has been taken lightly,but it has been done for whatever reasons and now we really have to support charlton and move forwards rather than what might have been.

we may still reach a cup final and possibly stay up,but we won't get very far harping on for curbs or dowie,their time has passed.onwards and upwards.alea iacta est and other clichés.
  • Options
    Let's rename the Northwest family stand as the Dowie Stand and move on :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mark[/cite]It is amazing how people are willing to turn their backs on 15 years of solid achievement and make extreme comments based on virtually no information.

Too right! Based on assumption rather than any fact. Some people are really starting to piss me off