Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

anyone recommend a hall to hire for me mum's 75th

edited April 2008 in Not Sports Related
she's been a charlton supporter since 64 when we moved down from battersea, claim to fame at the time went out with Roy Bentley then captain of chelsea, fortunatley she met my dad ! we both went to the league cup game that went on penalties, she kind of wanted no-one to miss.She always gives the moaners a hard time at the valley and can c'mon you reds with the best of them still. the doo's in October so bartrams aint bookable tell the fixtures come out.

Comments

• What area you looking for?
  • upstairs at The Trafalgar Tavern in Greenwich, or these are all cheap around Blackheath Standard:
    - Blackheath High School for Girls
    - Mycenae House (has a small bar)
    - Boys Brigade Hall (on Reynolds Place)
  • Flamingo Park!
  • Blackheath rugby club?
  • Can you hire that out the rugby club? anyone been to a do in there?
  • White Hart in Erith fantastic pub, wonderful clientel, and great grub
  • Sidcup Rugby Club, had my wedding reception there, fantastic place for a do - very reasonable and their catering was also excellent (and a very good price)
  • cheers for that, il check them out, area wise anywhere whithin about 10 miles of barnhurst i guess
  • Trafalgar upstairs too large and expensive for a 75th. You can hire the Trafalgar Club attached to the side which has good views but is much more smaller - tho still not cheap.

Conservative Club has a hall at the back. Our Lady of Grace Church Hall on charlton road
  • shrew, what you looking at roughly numbers wise ?
  • Sponsored links:

• I reckon for about fifty people
  • so doesnt have to be near Charlton then? Blackheath golf club is nice.

for the greenwich borough.

greenwich
  • Princess Park, (DFC), is a great place for a function and you look out over the ground. Doesn't matter if it's during the season as they have two rooms, one large and one smaller with comfy chairs. Both have bars and can do food, which they cook fresh on site.

Aside from that Acacia Hall or the Darenth Suit are also in Dartford and along with Princess Park is booked through the Council, 01322 343470.

In Erith there is the Leisure Centre, or also there is the Sportsman in Slade Green by Slade Green FC, both have bars.
  • ta for the link, curb_it , il check some of these suggestions out at the weekend and stagger into the cov game !
  • wht dont you try the Red Barn, they have the cellar bar downstairs in which they used to run private functins for, had my 18th in there, happy dayz
  • I think your Mum and her mates may prefer somewhere with easy access seeing as its a 75th .

Barnehurst golf club is ok
    Hilton at Dartford
    The Albany pub has a function room
    The Beaverwood at Sidcup
  • yeh checked out the golf club , catering was a bit steep for what they were offering, did check out the dead barn too, bit on the small side, yep memories of my 18th too, pub crawl , the oak, duchess, pheasant, yacht, camden , the rest is a blur.
  • I meant Barnehurst golf club above not blackheath.
  • shrew dont go to the Trafalgar then too expensive.

Whats the pub on wickham lane in Welling - think they have a function room at back.
  • Shrew, for around 50-60 people and local. If you're after something not too fancy then the halls at the Conservative Club in Bexleyheath, The Albany at Albany Park, and the upstairs room at Zero Degrees in Bexleyheath are all reasonably priced, about the right size. Catering reasonable as well. Welling Squash Courts next to Welling Station also a decent room. Worth giving those four a once over.

Important for that amount you don't get a room that is too big.
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9DA9
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: shrew[/cite]cheers for that, il check them out, area wise anywhere whithin about 10 miles of barnhurst i guess

Cons club Charlton, downstairs hall, ring the club and ask for Tommy Mac, tell him the Elvis fan from Dartford sent you. 0208 858 0050

or I know a couple in Greenhithe or Dartford, British Legion has two halls and Amar hall in Dartford, know the owners of both.
  • [cite]Posted By: DA_9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: shrew[/cite]cheers for that, il check them out, area wise anywhere whithin about 10 miles of barnhurst i guess

Cons club Charlton, downstairs hall, ring the club and ask for Tommy Mac, tell him the Elvis fan from Dartford sent you. 0208 858 0050

or I know a couple in Greenhithe or Dartford, British Legion has two halls and Amar hall in Dartford, know the owners of both.

My Neice had her 18th in the Amar Hall....thought it was quite good...
  • Either of the Goals Soccer Centres are ok (Bexleyheath/Dartford). If you spend £750 at the bar the hire of the hall is free! They do get booked in advance quite quickly though!
    I could also offer my services as a DJ (I play at both venues quite often).
    Best cheesy disco in Essex (and S. London and Kent!) Pork Pie and Medders know me!
  • easy - Blackheath Rugby Club

Went there for a 60th, perfect place.

I know the people there very well, whisper if you want a hand