Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

look at the chances we used to create

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
Can't remember the last time you were excited watching Charlton......?

Linky:Charlton 4 West Ham 2

The game when Charlton scored all 6 goals.

Fantastic free kick from Jensen and even Kishishev couldn't miss.

If you ever thought Johanssen was a fairy, look at the way he makes Bowyer seem lightweight as he creates Charlton's 4th.

Comments

• I'd happily welcome Svensson back. At least he put himself about.
  • edited April 2008
    Look at the drive we had with Parker - and the flair & subtlety provided by Jensen..........
    And the atmosphere in the ground.

And if it's atmosphere you want:
    Linky: Charlton 3 Man Utd 3

Cracking game against a Utd team who had won 8 successive matches,
    every single person in the crowd was local lol, the Covered End, Bartlett's debut goals, Ryan Giggs 100 yard lob,
    losing 3-1 with only minutes left and not giving up, Johhny Robinson's superb last minute equaliser.

Just look at Robbo's reaction ......
    Should our present players be forced to watch what it means to score for Charlton?
  • stop it oggy , curbs got lucky , we all know he was west ham........
    will those wonderful days ever return ??
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Look at the drive we had with Parker - and the flair & subtlety provided by Jensen..........
    And the atmosphere in the ground.

And if it's atmosphere you want:
    Linky:Charlton 3 Man Utd 3

Cracking game against a Utd team who had won 8 successive matches,
    every single person in the crowd was local lol, the Covered End, Bartlett's debut goals, Ryan Giggs 100 yard lob,
    losing 3-1 with only minutes left and not giving up, Johhny Robinson's superb last minute equaliser.

Just look at Robbo's reaction ......
    Should our present players be forced to watch what it means to score for Charlton?

That Manure match is my fave - as a match up there with the play off final but with better football ( which takes some beating)

Johnny R was almost crying with pleasure and so was i..

Cant imagine what would have happened if Stuart's shot at the end had gone in......
  • you be careful oggy. the everything is still rosey mob will be after you!
  • Hope your not wavering Oggy.
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]you be careful oggy. the everything is still rosey mob will be after you!

I AM the still rosy mob. There's only me left ........

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Hope your not wavering Oggy.

Never waver, NSS.

44 seasons has taught me to take the rough with the smooth.
    You've always got to see what's possible - and go for it.

If you fck up, well, there's always next time........ if you live long enough!

;o)
  • I'm supposed to be doing my books, but book-keeping does my head in.

I've had a cracking hour watching old Charlton Youtube vids

I've watched Lisbie score his hatrick against Liverpool,
    I've watched Lisbie volley the equaliser late on at Elland Road - and Spotty Parker mesmerise the Leeds defence to score his stunning solo goal winner in injury time.
    I've watched Lisbie's hold up play & clever backheel set up Konchesky in a 2-0 win home to Liverpool.

That young Lisbie - cracking young prospect, as you all know.
    But what struck me, was his movement off the ball and then on to it, and how he brought others into the game.

It's all there on Youtube. Iwelumo eat your heart out - sorry, Big Chris, mate.
    It's everything we've been lacking.

I hear Pards signs new players after watching Youtube vids............
    ;o)
  • Oggy buddy i have stopped watching these bstds this season and now youve done me i just watched what you put on here and more.

Now i love the club again and i want the new season to start

you?????????????????????????
  • Sponsored links:

• just watched the man utd one and got goose pimples when robbo put that away...
    will we ever get to see that boring premiershit at the valley again in our lifetime
    give me one of them 3 alls against man utd and i'll take the 4-0 defeats all day long
  • Oohaa

i dont buy into this i didnt like the prem ballcocks either give me a boring 1 all against boro in the prem over a 2 nil win against norwich in this shite hole every day i just cant believe the oggster has made me feel broody for the prem all over again
  • i'm with you NLA there's only one place for our team and that's at the top
  • Even in the boring Prem last season, we had some cracking games I remember:

Home to Bolton W 2-0, great goal from Benty, Faye a rock at centre back, terrific atmosphere in the ground 2nd half

Home to Arsenal, L1-2, we played really well, goal up, Van Persie scored a brilliant goal but shouldn't have been on the pitch, Gallas punched off the line from Lisbie, nothing - no penalty, no red card, nothing.Referee was totally inept. Atmosphere roaring.

Home to Fulham D2-2Pardews 1st match, great atmosphere, robbed by THAT decision deep in injury time.

Home to Villa W2-1Concede soft penalty, Benty's leveller out of the blue, Barry sent off after Rommers clean through, Hughes winner in the last minute

Home to West Ham W4-0Thomas on fire, Charlton irresistable, Hammers mocking their own team,

Home to Wigan W1-0 BDL put on the big screen Sheff Utd losing, crowd come to life & actually get behind the team, team respond, HH wins penalty, Bent converts. "Staying up, staying up, staying up...!."

Home to Spurs L0-2 Even as Defoe scores a 2nd to nail the relegation coffin, VFR rings around the ground, the crowd really showing their loyalty - maybe nobody went home early.

Just a few that come quickly to mind. Some we didn't win. But in every one the crowd got behind the team.
    And The Valley roar rang around the ground.

That's what we miss.
  • Nice post Oggy oggy oggy. Those were the days.
  • Oggy stop it man i dont want too like the bstds no more this season but your right it was a damn good time had by all

lets look towards Southampton for what trouble is if you dont get back there or if you spend all your prem money on building a new ground but putting cack in it
  • Some free kick that from Jensen.
    I was bang in the middle of the jimmy seed that game, as soon as it left his boot you knew it was in.

Wasn't that the game parker mugged lee bowyer off after about 5 minutes too?

Whilst on the subject, Scott Parker, what a cracking player he is!!
  • Spotty P*rker, Morts?

We've never been the same without him - and never replaced him.
    Which is why we're no longer in the Prem.
  • God i miss him (chokes on own bile) we never even tried to replace him thats what hurts, Jensen,Parker perfectly balanced our midfield Semedo, ZZ next year dont do it for me Shelvey, Semedo, Nope Shelvey ZZ nope, Shelvey, Racon nope

Shelvey on his own then according to all the holland out lot
  • Just caught up with this. Bloody hell we were good at times weren't we!
  • Sponsored links:

• someone sink this it is depressing
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsseEckGnRI

Tottenham 2 - 3 Charlton.

Just watch our second goal.
  • Not just the 2nd goal.

Look at the 1st goal, also. Who was it said Bartlett couldn't finish?.......about 20,000.
    God, we could do with him now, even at 35.

Our football was so incisive, Johannesen positioning, control & crossing.
    And that cross from Holland for the 2nd.

Murphy, young JT, everyone looked the part.
    We looked really good.

*Wrings hands in desperation*
  • Stop doing it to yourselves for fecks sake people i am serious now stop it
  • NLA, I'm Addickted. Help ............................................
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]NLA, I'm Addickted. Help ............................................[/quote]

NLA is right...step away from the PC Oggy...
  • Oggster please buddy i cant emphasis enough how hard i try not to click on the link but i always give in then i get sad and NLJR tells me to get off the computer cos he wants to play cartoon ntework
  • and MRS NLA wants to find a real man ;-)
  • Okay NLA and BFR, I'll leave it.

But just one last link and then I'll step away:

Linky: This is what following Charlton is all about
  • that's better oggy ..
    packed away end as usual ...
    much better in this league who wants to be man uniteds whipping boys when we can barnsleys ffs