Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

You've got to hand it to Charlton

Knowing the atmosphere will be a bit subdued and negative on Sunday they are giving bundles of tickets away again to local schools in bromley.

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Why not to Greenwich boro kids ?
  • they probably are mate,expect about 6000 kids sunday on freebies,fill the ground up and try to drown out the dis-gruntled fans.Again very forward thinkin,good initiative.More spin than labour.They will put out crowd figure close to sellout,despite finishing mid table.
  • I do struggle to work you out sometimes mate.

Are you saying we should stop trying to encourage kids to go on the basis that we might play crap and it might turn them off ?

Kids are not wrapped up in the emotional rollercoaster that you, me and every other is on here. For many it will be there first football game, and that will be their excitement. They won't go into it with prejudice that Pards stopped playing overlapping full backs three months ago, has lost favour with a number of the crowd, and the beer pouring facility is notoriously slow.

They will just see more people than they have ever seen before in their lives, weirdos shouting things out at the top of their voice, and some blokes being football. Hopefully it will captivate a few of them, like it did us. First game i went to, Charlton lost 3-1, and i'm still here.....

Well done the club, if seats are empty, fill them with local kids, and keep filling them with local kids. Then hope beyond hope that in years to come the area won't be overrun with glory seeking prem fans or muggy chav wannabee millwall fans.
  • That's exactly what i'm saying it's a good initiative otherwise you would have 7-8k empty seats last game of the season with a subdued atmosphere or worse 3k screaming coventry fans,this way it peps up what would be a damp squid.

My thread was titled you have got to hand it to Charlton,you've been in the sun too long ;-)
  • I did mention when we played Watford and they did the same how well and quick the tickets went in the London Borough of Bromley.

Don't you start on me mate i have enough of WSS ;-)
  • LOL, sorry mate. As soon as i see your name nowadays, i have to put on my sarcasm-protection googles !! :-)
  • edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]LOL, sorry mate. As soon as i see your name nowadays, i have to put on my sarcasm-protection googles !! :-)
    u r king of sarkcasm AFKA and what do they say about sarcasm
  • that its the lowest form of wit. But i'm only 5"1, so i deal with the cards i've been dealt :-)

Out of interest, when do you start your new job ? And will it take you away from the computer ?

*sarky-winky thingy :-)
  • 5"1 the average height for all ten year olds should have guessed small man cindrome u little cyber warrior
  • LOL, with my cuban heels as well.

If you dissect my posts as a 'cyber warrior' then there is no point you reading this forum, because you read it in a different language to everyone else.

I'm doing that sarcasm thing again.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Your a funny guy ......... What would do without your wit
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]LOL, with my cuban heels as well.

If you dissect my posts as a 'cyber warrior' then there is no point you reading this forum, because you read it in a different language to everyone else.

I'm doing that sarcasm thing again.....

Oi, AFKA, you're off-topic.

WSS, sort it out!

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]5"1 the average height for all ten year olds should have guessed small man cindrome u little cyber warrior

cyber warrior coming from you?

now that is funny.
    you have so much aggression. go and have a wank - it might help.
  • edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]5"1 the average height for all ten year olds should have guessed small man cindrome u little cyber warrior

now that is funny.
    you have so much aggression. go and have a wank - it might help.

helps me....;-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]5"1 the average height for all ten year olds should have guessed small man cindrome u little cyber warrior[/quote]

now that is funny.
    you have so much aggression. go and have a wank - it might help.[/quote]Jesus, think i will give Tavern a bell, make sure i will have the wank first
  • No volunteers to help out WIWLB.....?

;o)
  • No Oggy... i got a feeling he has enough experience.

ba da booooooom

dont get humpy now, he led me to that one. kiss kiss.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]No Oggy... i got a feeling he has enough experience.

ba da booooooom

dont get humpy now, he led me to that one. kiss kiss.[/quote]mmmm....one thing i am not is humpy, ask Tavern, i am sure he may point me out to you on sunday
  • I thought we had met (very briefly), when ians daughter nicked a pound off you in the Oak. Perhaps im mixing you up with someone else.
  • Sponsored links:

• no u r right, it was me,and there i was thinking u was a nice girl
  • Carry on calling me girl and you can be my new best friend.
  • Er...... excuse me this Board is not for love-ins

;o)
  • leave off Oggy i am good mates with her hubby, and he is bigger than me, and unfortunatly i am built for comfort not for speed now a days
  • Oh grt! Can you make sure there are no stalls selling those stupid horn thingys that seem to always accompany said kids to the matches. Bah humbug :-(
  • [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Why not to Greenwich boro kids ?

The club do it on rotation to the three local boros, G'wich, Bexley and Bromley. Didn't do it at my son's school this time or at least I've not heard about it.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]they probably are mate,expect about 6000 kids sunday on freebies,.

Doubt there will be a fraction of that amount.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]they probably are mate,expect about 6000 kids sunday on freebies,.

Doubt there will be a fraction of that amount.

Pedant Alert:-)

There will be a fraction of that amount if more than one kid arrives on a freebie however 6,000 maybe an exaggeration of the anticipated number.

Can you tell I'm fed up?
  • To be fair, this is only the second time we have ever given any comps to schools in Bromley borough to my knowledge, so it's hardly a case of Greenwich or Bexley being disadvantaged. This is because of ancient community scheme rules which allocated Bromley, with Croydon, to Palace - while Charlton work in Greenwich and Bexley, and as far as away as Thanet. Yet Bromley is on our doorstep.

As for numbers, there are nearly 18,000 seats reserved for season ticket holders, there are 3,200 Coventry fans and there are 500-plus kids coming on paid promotions from outside the immediate area. That's 22,000, give or take, BEFORE any individual sales over the counter or comps.