Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

50 Years!

I was reading an article about Charlton in the Barnsley programme at half time when I realised that the first match I saw was the last game of the 1957-58 season - so this game at Barnsley was my last game of the 2007-08 season - that's 50 years. So I'm going to have a moan.......

The Players - With the exception of the two youngsters and Sodje the rest didn't really want to get involved, they just went through the motions.

The Tactics - High ball up the field to somewhere near Big Chris, who when he did manage to head it, without giving away a foul, had no one near him to take the ball on, what was Varney
doing on the left wing and Halford on the right.

The Passion - All came from Barnsley our team had none - it was pathetic.

The Management - I was very pleased when Pardew was appointed, I still think he should be given another season for the fact that unless he resigns we can't afford to pay him off and we don't have the transfer kitty to back a new manager - so we are stuck.

The Future - On Satuday's showing it is dismal but we do have some young players who have shown some passion and ability - Basey, Youga, Racon, Sam, and Dickson and we also have ZZ plus Gibbs - so we shall be OK at left back!

The Fans - We are the club, through good and bad we are Charlton so I ask you on Saturday don't boo them but give them their last chance this season to show us all that they can play football, can defend and can score goals, as a win on Saturday will be good way to start next season.

Comments

• Options
    happy anniversary LL a vintage charlton performance to commemorate your 50 years !!
  • Options
    I hope i get to 50 years you need to put a picture up so that we can see what a 50 stretch does to you well done fair comments as well
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]I was reading an article about Charlton in the Barnsley programme at half time when I realised that the first match I saw was the last game of the 1957-58 season - so this game at Barnsley was my last game of the 2007-08 season - that's 50 years. So I'm going to have a moan.......

The Players - With the exception of the two youngsters and Sodje the rest didn't really want to get involved, they just went through the motions.

The Tactics - High ball up the field to somewhere near Big Chris, who when he did manage to head it, without giving away a foul, had no one near him to take the ball on, what was Varney
    doing on the left wing and Halford on the right.

The Passion - All came from Barnsley our team had none - it was pathetic.

The Management - I was very pleased when Pardew was appointed, I still think he should be given another season for the fact that unless he resigns we can't afford to pay him off and we don't have the transfer kitty to back a new manager - so we are stuck.

The Future - On Satuday's showing it is dismal but we do have some young players who have shown some passion and ability - Basey, Youga, Racon, Sam, and Dickson and we also have ZZ plus Gibbs - so we shall be OK at left back!

The Fans - We are the club, through good and bad we are Charlton so I ask you on Saturday don't boo them but give them their last chance this season to show us all that they can play football, can defend and can score goals, as a win on Saturday will be good way to start next season.

I wont be booing anyone Saturday, unless you count random people in B&Q, Sunday however will be a different thing
  • Options
    That's what 50 years does for you - can't tell your Saturdays from your Sundays!