Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I didn't really give a toss

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
about the result on Saturday as I regarded the game as an opportunity for experimentation.

I applaud Pards for playing Shelvey and Wagstaff and realise that injuries and suspensions MAY have restricted his options.

That said though is he really going to keep Thatcher? I would have thought Basey should have got the nod with Thatcher on the bench or even Gibbs assuming, as I hope is the case, Youga is injured rather than out the door.

We joke about Gibbs but given that we brought him in as a Premiership player I cannot believe he is worse than our other central defenders (Fortune excepted who proved himself in the Prem).

Is Pardew just going to let him slip untried through his fingers?

Comments

• Maybe Gibb's wages are too high and he has made his intentions clear?

Other than that Len I could not agree more - Thatcher I have never liked..

It maybe just re-enforcement of Pardew clearly not thinking clearly though.
  • [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]Maybe Gibb's wages are too high and he has made his intentions clear?

Other than that Len I could not agree more - Thatcher I have never liked..

It maybe just re-enforcement of Pardew clearly not thinking clearly though.

You might have a point about Gibbs' wages but after two years virtual inactivity I wouldn't have thought agents are fighting to knock on his door.
  • I think Pickwick is right and Gibbs will be gone due to wages (he may be out of contract as well).

I agree about Thatcher, I don't understand why we didn't play Basey.
  • Gibbs wages ????????

Gibbs who ????????

The guy is under 23 and a relative unkown. I doubt if he is on more than £5k a week and is probably one of the lesser earners - whereas Thatcher is a proven Premiership player on £15k+ a week and probably one of the highest earners.

Some of you talk complete bollox.
  • So you know for sure how much money each Charlton player is on? Do you have inside information? I love the way some people guess the amount of wages players are on and generally they are way off the mark.
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]Some of you talk complete bollox.
    Look Mr. Pot, if you keep personally insulting that kettle calling it black then action may need to be taken! ;-)

Firstly Gibbs is 28 years old.

He played for Feyenoord and is not unknown.

He has 20 caps for the USA, who are a similar ranking to England.
  • Youga was/is injured. Basey should have played.