Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If Pardew resigned...

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
If Pardew resigned, admitting he had lost control of the team and could no longer motivate them, would anyone actually care?

It wouldn't bother me one bit to be honest.

Comments

• Options
    who else would we get tho if he left?
  • Options
    I don't know. It's a hypothetical question based on him resigning. I'm not stating I want him sacked.
  • Options
    They'd go for Parky wouldn't they...Promote Kinsella?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fish[/cite]If Pardew resigned, admitting he had lost control of the team and could no longer motivate them, would anyone actually care?

It wouldn't bother me one bit to be honest.

Got to be honest, I don't feel as if I care that much at to moment anyway, I'm just looking forward to a summer without footie. perhaps I should be in the team.
  • Options
    I would care. What's the point of bringing in yet another manager who will yet again want to bring in his own team. We'll just start the season with another completely new squad.
  • Options
    and the same out come maybe worse
  • Options
    kevin bond
  • Options
    Worse than this??? OMG lol
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]kevin bond

You can't have a manager called Kevin.

It's like having a club called Nigel..........

;o)
  • Options
    But he would be a bond where as nw we have a Dr No
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd be pretty annoyed we had lost one of the best young managers currently in football.......
  • Options
    I was strongly in the give pards 1 more year, but after the last 3 months I can no longer justify him leading our team out, its quite honestly a joke, I've not seen a charlton team this unmotivated and with this little heart before, I'd much rather we fuck most of the first team and management team and just reconsolidate our position in the championship next year and startn another 5/7 yr plan revolving our team around some of the talented youth, which Kins and robbo have been teaching in the U18s and reserve side

Infact I'd b tempted to put them in as manager and assistant, charlton through and through
  • Options
    Get Gary Johnson if bristol City fail to go up via playoffs.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]I'd be pretty annoyed we had lost one of the best young managers currently in football.......[/quote]Curbishley is no longer a young manager

[quote][cite]Posted By: Nug[/cite]Get Gary Johnson if bristol City fail to go up via playoffs.[/quote]wouls like to see him down there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite] I've not seen a charlton team this unmotivated and with this little heart before,

Take it you didn't watch the wycombe and reading games last year.
  • Options
    Billy Davis would be a great replacement.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stoneroses19[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]I've not seen a charlton team this unmotivated and with this little heart before,

Take it you didn't watch the wycombe and reading games last year.

luckily I avoided wycome, so I can't really comment on that, but for a large part of last season we showed some sort of heart, unfortunately not for that short period before xmas and at the begining of th season, where I feel the damage was already done. However man for man we were one of the poorer teams in the premiership, where as man for man and squad wise we do have one of the better squads in the championship, and should be doing a hell of alot better than we are
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]I'd be pretty annoyed we had lost one of the best young managers currently in football.......
    Curbishley is no longer a young manager

I was refering to Pards
  • Options
    If Pardew went I wouldn't care Billy Davies 2 years later or any one who can motivate this lot
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]If Pardew went I wouldn't care Billy Davies 2 years later or any one who can motivate this lot

Why not Neil Warlock?

Up and coming promising young manager now doing a fine job, after inheriting a side in the bottom 3 ........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    did we lose? Cause I'm seeing the usual over reactions and hissy fits
  • Options
    Usual knee jerk reactions, Rothko, normal service ........ ;o)
  • Options
    He should resign fcuking disgusting 2nd half of the season. He didn't have a clue how to turn it around. Give it to Kins at least we will see some passion.....
  • Options
    trouble is and what worries me is this season he had money and couldn't make it work next season he will have feck all.What makes people think these set of players will do any better next year?At present the form shows us having a relegation fight?Stu what makes you think he is one of the best young managers in the country.Personally i think Billy Davies is a fantastic manager i dont think he would come now and i dont think the club would ask him again after he turned us down.
  • Options
    yeah billy davies did a great job at derby
  • Options
    he got the sack half way through the season,has paul jewell done better?How much money did he spend at derby getting them promotion in one season compared what pardew has spent,he changed them from relegation fodder to a promoted team in one season.Derby will get relegated with a parachure payment of 30 million so yes ledge i think he did a magnificent job at derby.Whatever team goes up will probably be relegated so are you going to say that with all of their managers.What a stupid comment.
  • Options
    Davies did a great job at Derby. He overachieved and paid the price.
  • Options
    exactly fish which is why ledge's comment was stupid.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]did we lose? Cause I'm seeing the usual over reactions and hissy fits

You really should have been there. I am pretty tolerant but we were awful and pards has to take responsibility for today and since January. I'm not saying he should go but he should be on notice for next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]did we lose? Cause I'm seeing the usual over reactions and hissy fits

You really should have been there. I am pretty tolerant but we were awful and pards has to take responsibility for today and since January. I'm not saying he should go but he should be on notice for next season.

Bloke on 5 Live said we were pretty good.