Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What spin will Pardew say for this one

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
Played a couple of young players with next year in mind so the result isn't important now.

Comments

• Options
    "the wind played a big part in our defeat"
  • Options
    its ok boys and girls I lied, 'pre season actually starts on this monday not last monday'
  • Options
    "It was the referees fault"
  • Options
    Ok so we arnt getting promoted but we should at least have a fight for a slightly better position
  • Options
    ' We were confused when the home team came out playin in red'

Unfortunately our players assumed passing to a man in red was good, and since we've had almost 40 different team memebrs this year theyve not realised who actually plays for charlton as yet, something I aim to change before next season!
  • Options
    they wanted it more as they are fighting relegation
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    "But look at Watford. They managed to lose at home to Scunthorpe......."
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    "Oh in football you have to keep the ball out of the net at one end, and score at the other? I had no idea!"
  • Options
    "We are in a false position....."
  • Options
    We're looking to find the right blend up-front. We also looking to find the right midfield and defence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'there was nothing I saw out there a long break in benedorm won't solve'
  • Options
    "We've missed Danny Mills since Christmas....."
  • Options
    "I blame Henry........"
  • Options
    "I'd just like to thank the players for the tremendous effort they've put in this season ......."
  • Options
    It's only pre-season...

I think though he'll highlight how well Shelvey and Wagstaff played.
  • Options
    We had some young lads out there and todays result will make them stronger players
  • Options
    My record at West Ham shows I always do well in the last game of the season!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    "As i have been saying all season it is going to go to the wire. next week will be really exciting for Stoke, Hull, Watford, palace, Sheff Utd, wolves and ipswich. I wish i could stay at home and watch it all on tv to be honest" Pardew said excitedly, as he salivated over that strangely big bottom lip.
  • Options
    I am annoyed we are now I'm twelth and that means no bonus to get some more suits from saville row
  • Options
    Charlton manager Alan Pardew heaped praise on young midfielder Jonjo Shelvey after the Addicks' 3-0 reverse at Oakwell on Saturday.

The 16-year-old, Charlton's youngest ever first team player, produced a composed debut and went closest to grabbing a goal for the visitors.

After watching goals from ex-Addick Jamal Campbell-Ryce, Lewin Nyatanga and Jon Macken sentence his side to defeat, Pardew said: "It was always going to be a difficult game as there was no real focus for us.

"Jonjo's performance was a major highlight for us though. We felt he would play well and he didn't disappoint.”

At 16 years and 59 days Shelvey eclipsed the former record of Paul Konchesky and saw a 32nd minute volley cleared off the line by Rob Kozluk during an all-action display.

And Pardew, who also introduced U18 skipper Scott Wagstaff in the second half for his debut, said: "We need to make sure we protect him now. There is no way he will play week in week out next season but even at such a tender age he will have a part to play.

"He made us look more attractive and even though we are disappointed things didn't work out for us the boys gave him a ripple afterwards. He didn't deserve that result for his performance.

"I had a very similar player in Mark Noble at West Ham and Jonjo is of the same quality.

"It's now a case of can he grasp the mettle and continue climbing up the rungs of the ladder.”

Reflecting on the overall performance at Oakwell, Pardew had few complaints at the result - although the final goal left a sour taste in his mouth after creator Marciano van Homoet got away without censure following a crude challenge on Luke Varney,

The right-back would later set up Macken's header while Varney was seeing stars.

"We had to play with ten for the last ten minutes or so and Varney was away with the fairies,” said the Valley boss.

"I thought it was more an assault that tackle and the ironic thing is he stays on the pitch and sets up the third goal.

"I was surprised they got a free-kick [after the incident] but the referee surprised me all day actually.

"Varney's got sore ribs, a sore groin, belly-ache, headache, nose-ache, ear-ache and toe-ache from that tackle - so he should be okay for Monday!”

And the boss added: "The difference between the two sides was that little edge they had in the game, especially in the box.

"There were some aerial things in the box that we didn't deal with and we have lost too many games in that area this season.”
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seems a bit far fetched bigredevil.

i wouldnt think he would say anything like that!
  • Options
    "There were some aerial things in the box that we didn't deal with and we have lost too many games in that area this season.”

Aerial things!???

Spaceships?
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Sure........Varney was seeing stars.
  • Options
    Away with the faries?.........
  • Options
    Think he must be taking the p!ss!
  • Options
    you have got to love him surely. he hasnt a clue what he is saying.
  • Options
    What does Neil warlock say when Palarse lose ........?

;o)
  • Options
    Maybe if we didn't lose so often it wouldn't be an issue ;-)
  • Options
    Varney "away with the fairies" ...has he signed for Palarse
  • Options
    No, apparently plays for Charlton ........;o)