Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre season starts tomorrow. Play some kids ........

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
and let everyone play with flair

no more negative play and none of this "playing for their futures" crap for the regulars - they haven't been good enough all season so drop them now.

tomorrow could see some of our future stars come through at last

Comments

• Options
    thing is we have no width now

Cook gone
    Thomas off
    Sam injured
    ZZ rested/sent home
    Holland retired (please)

So I would expect there to be some playing in that position at least, knowing pards probably put ambrose there.
  • Options
    Wagstaff must start...

with no Cook, Thomas, Sam, ZZ and Varney (Pardew watch your back if he doesn't start up front) in that position a wing place is going begging
  • Options
    he must surely play varney up front, i cant see him going with big chris and grey up top. Or i really hope he dont.
    With varney playing up top Wagstaff must start
  • Options
    If Pards starts with both Shelvey & Waggy, he'll probably have a 'minder' or two on the pitch.

In which case, I wouldn't be surprised if Pards went 4-5-1 tomorrow , to stiffen an inexperienced midfield.

Big Chris would be the logical physical player up there.

But if I was manager ( and you lot, thank you're lucky stars I'm not), I might very well play Varns as the mobile single forward up front .......he's mobile & speedy, and likes to shoot on the run. Shades of Darren Bent, perhaps.

Support would then come from Andy Gray a bit deeper in the hole / attacking mid, better able to hold the ball up behind Varns.
    Barnsley are going to be desperate for a win to stay up, perhaps leaving themselves exposed on the break, ideal Varns territory.

See, told you I didn't have a clue...... ;o)
  • Options
    The alternative would be to have preferably Gray up front as a simple target man to hold the ball up - and give Varns a free role to work the channels from behind.

See Pards ......always helps to have a Plan B. ;o)
  • Options
    stuff it 11 Cory Gibbs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]
    Holland retired (please)

I tell you what mate, that comment is so bleedin wde of the mark it's bordering on the offensive.

Sure, the man has seen better days and we all need to be looking beyond the short term, but to single out the one true professional we have for stick after the season we have just had probably says more about you than it does about him.

Shame on you.