Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fortune / McCarthy

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
Over the last few months reading on here I have been amazed that anyone can not want Fortune as the number one centre half stopper or that anyone would want Stan Laurel McCarthy anywhere near it.

UNBELIEVABLE !!!!

Comments

• Options
    I wouldnt want Fortune defending my front door Ken truely is a liability nice bloke but he is so prone to lapses in concentration i am not in the Mcarthy camp either i think we need 2 centre halves
  • Options
    Fortune is okay alongside a good solid reliable centre half - but so he should be! He seems to have poor concentration levels and seems content to pick up his nice wage packet every week. He should have had the balls to go to Stoke - he needs a new challenge if he wants to exploit his football talent.

Sell or release him.
  • Options
    Jon Fortune shuld move on for the sake f his own career, if he hasnt established himself as a regular at the club now he never will,
  • Options
    Fortune is not and never will be a defender !! FACT!!!
  • Options
    i must be in the minority who rates fortune. i think he is the best CB with have at the club.
  • Options
    I think he's not a good defender and doesn't have the necessary drive to succeed. As with Sankofa they are happy if they are playing BUT equally happy if they are not. We need players who WANT to play for us and bust a gut trying to do so. Fortune will regret turning down Stoke, especially if they go up.
  • Options
    Do you honestly think that if Stoke had Forts at centre half he could have helped their defensive record i doubt it they proberly wouldnt have been so hard to beat and therefore wouldnt be in the situation to go up
  • Options
    Fortune is underrated probably because he doesn't make a song and dance and just gets on with things. He doesn't throw his toys if on the bench or dropped he just gets on with it. We need players like that. Good team men.

11 of the 16 games we have won were with him in the side. He does a good job alongside a dominant attacking centre half in the Sodje mould. We won 6 and lost 3 of the games Fortune and Sodje played together which is better than any other combination we have used this season.

I agree with you Ken on this one!
  • Options
    Pards wont play him again after the incident against Ipswich
  • Options
    jon fortune is shit.looks like bert in the muppet show
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    well i am sorry but most of the posts prove my point that not only has our squad and maangement been dumbed down but our support too lol

Rose and Crown, and Len know their stuff though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Fortune is underrated probably because he doesn't make a song and dance and just gets on with things. He doesn't throw his toys if on the bench or dropped he just gets on with it. We need players like that. Good team men.

11 of the 16 games we have won were with him in the side. He does a good job alongside a dominant attacking centre half in the Sodje mould. We won 6 and lost 3 of the games Fortune and Sodje played together which is better than any other combination we have used this season.

I agree with you Ken on this one!

I've got to agree with this as well......a proper Charlton player, knows the club and our history and gives everything when he crossesthat white line. A proper English CB and we need to keep him. He is under rated. All he needs is an experienced centre half and we'll be right.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]All he needs is an experienced centre half and we'll be right.
    But that is what he should be by now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I take it that you agree then! :-) (Ducks for cover)
  • Options
    fortune is very mucha confidence player, he never really seems to have an average game, he has either a shocker or a blinder. good squad player i feel.