Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Overdraft

edited April 2008 in Not Sports Related
I've looked at my account online today and the bank have taken off my overdraft, which means I'm £250 down for the month. I haven't had a letter I'm not in bad debt and it's been on there since I opened the account about 8 years ago, can they just do that?

Comments

• Options
    Call them up and explain, politely demand that they refund the fee.
    They probably will as a one-off, so be sure to thank them.

Then switch bank/bulding-society.
  • Options
    handy things overdrafts,well in the right hands,i loathe my lady having one.
  • Options
    Call them say

SORT IT OUT
  • Options
    Other day an ATM at Blackheath station nocked me a £10. Its a Nat West ATM. So i go to Nat West who send me to Barclays(my account is with Barclays), Barclays send me back to Nat West, who then send me back to Barclays ! So i phone my Sis who is a Branch manager for another bank and she says its 100% Barclays, they have to request an investigation into the Nat West ATM. So i go back to Barclays and very slowly explain to the 12 year old on "customer services" no dont laugh banks do have em. That they should have a form etc and i fill it in they send it to Nat West. Well he asks the 14 yo who then gets the 15 yo and finaly they take the details down on a riped scrap of A4 paper ! total sh*t service.
  • Options
    for Plaaayer:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/saving-and-banking/article.html?in_article_id=408746&in_page_id=7
  • Options
    Thanks mate, gonna go in there at lunch time today!