Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

season tickets - ok charlton this is what you need to do

its bums on seats you need to worry about...open up the south stand to charlton fans, sell the s/tickets at the £290, less if you can manage it, fill the two ends, cut the price of the east stand and try and fill it and make the only west stand the only stand available on a match by match basis and raise the match ticket price to £30/£40 depending on who the oppo is...let the away fans have part of the west stand, its going to be half empty next season anyway and charge them the same match day price of £30/£40...sorted

Comments

• Options
    Not taking seriously anyone who doesn't know the correct names of the stands at the Valley
  • Options
    ltgr are u Pardew in disguise to get your way by having home fans in the Jimmy Seed and uping the anti ok the west stand prices to give you more transfer funds its never going to happen as the police and council won't give us the club a safety certificate by placing away fans in the west
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]its bums on seats you need to worry about...open up the south stand to charlton fans, sell the s/tickets at the £290, less if you can manage it, fill the two ends, cut the price of the east stand and try and fill it and make the only west stand the only stand available on a match by match basis and raise the match ticket price to £30/£40 depending on who the oppo is...let the away fans have part of the west stand, its going to be half empty next season anyway and charge them the same match day price of £30/£40...sorted

That is the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard. How do you expect to attract new supporters charging £30-£40 for a ticket?
  • Options
    I do like the idea about charging the away fans more.

If only the board and targt 40K committee has thought of that and built it into the new pricing structure. Oh well! ; -)
  • Options
    No doubt that away fans get a good deal at the Valley - is presumably why there were so many good turn outs from them this season.

day out in big city, £20 for one of the best grounds in the division, whole stand behind the goal which happens to have the best acoustics, the best pub closest to the ground dedicated to them, easy access to the away end...

no wonder the likes of Ipswich, Soton, Naarwich fill it

in fact I think I might do a few games in the Jimmy Seed

we should definitely charge them £25 at least next season
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I do like the idea about charging the away fans more.

If only the board and targt 40K committee has thought of that and built it into the new pricing structure. Oh well! ; -)

lol

Charging the away fans more has got to be a good thing. Still brings in revenue and may even reduce the numbers that the opposition bring in. Having the away fans behind the goal at the Jimmy Seed (JS) end is, and has always, given the away team an advantage....especially when they attack that end. I know we can't change this round due to the complications of segregation, planning permission etc and so we can't move the away fans to the West or any other part of the ground. Therefore if we are stuck with things as they are, until the East is developed and the SE and SW corners are done, we may as well try and get top dollar for the seats we can sell, whilst hopefully reducing some of the awy support that, form my undertanding, has damaged our teams confidence.

I know that this is not because our home support is bad, (which the stripeys keep suggesting is sh*te if you believe some other forums on the WWW), just that the ecoustics in the JS stand are sooooo good. Fewer people in that end, combined with more noise from the East and West would help. Just a thought! :-)
  • Options
    i dont see why we cant give away fans blocks a,b,c,d of the east stand. they have an entrance and exit (the one behind the screen) charlton could have the jimmy seed and use the entrance and exit the away fans currently use. we could have netting between the fans just like in some fa cup ties.

i know people who sit in those seats dont want to lose their seat is an issue, but its just an idea.
  • Options
    Hmmmmm....nice idea but have a look at this.

Jimmy Seed plans on hold
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Not taking seriously anyone who doesn't know the correct names of the stands at the Valley

ok, sorry its not the south stand, its the open end...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]
    .........whilst hopefully reducing some of the awy support that, form my undertanding, has damaged our teams confidence.

It's not the away fans that have damaged our team's confidence ....... ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]
    .........whilst hopefully reducing some of the awy support that, form my undertanding, has damaged our teams confidence.

It's not theawayfans that have damaged our team's confidence ....... ;o)

the trouble is, the away stand's accoustics seem to mean that just 100 fans in that stand are louder than the upper north...pardew's right, put home fans in that stand...if that tactic had brought us the edge in only two home games we'd still been in with a shout of going up this season...
  • Options
    I don't get this business about not getting a safety certificate if you put away fans in the West...............there are plenty of clubs that manage segregation in the same stands & they seem to get a certificate.

I like to think I know a bit about this, so Henry a proper explaination please, as I do think having the 'Jimmy Seed' as a home stand would be beneficial.

I'm of the opinion that it's in the 'too difficult' tray.............please prove me wrong!
  • Options
    I'm afraid you're right KBs.. much like sorting the East stand beer/catering out has been.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]I don't get this business about not getting a safety certificate if you put away fans in the West...............there are plenty of clubs that manage segregation in the same stands & they seem to get a certificate.

I like to think I know a bit about this, so Henry a proper explaination please, as I do think having the 'Jimmy Seed' as a home stand would be beneficial.

I'm of the opinion that it's in the 'too difficult' tray.............please prove me wrong!

Part of the problem is the comparitively poxy facilities in the Jimmy Seed area compared to the rest of the ground as well as all the segregation stuff. West Standers would not take kindly to inferior facilities for their money i imagine and they'd have a point...
  • Options
    if they used the lower west as away fans, the amount of fans they could bring would take their fans across the directors box seating, hardly appropriate. also the lower west ladies loos are half way along the bottom of the west stand (are there only 1 lot?) would mean a bit of building work to amend this.

it isn't ideal to have home fans over the top of away fans, this could cause multiple problems. I know other grounds don't take this into account, but i've been spat on at chelsea before by home fans above me and also had villa home fans in boxes giving abuse as they sit right behind the away fans.

if we then chose to put half in the lower west and half in the upper west that would also possibly affect the same loo issue in the concourse of the upper and lower west.

I'm not too sure about the layout of the concourse for the east, but it'd be safe to say they'd take up half of the ground, and therefore could pose a worse impact on the team, to be playing up against them for the whole team. the best thing to do would be to wait, develop the jimmy seed and then stick them in the corner far from the pitch (a la st james' park on a smaller scale) and be done with it. oh, and don't give them a room.

I believe they are putting a further refreshment kiosk in the south stand as I saw planning permission notice on a lamppost and I'm sure if home fans sat in the jimmy seed they'd realise that they were better off in the east/west north stands because of the facilities.

also with the pricing structures introduced, wouldn't this have an effect on how fans are seated? home or away and therefore cause a loss in revenue?
  • Options
    Buy the block of flats/appartments (sic) next to the South Stand and put all the away fans in there job done.
  • Options
    put them in the east stand far corner nearest the jimmy seed then fence it off on the concourse problem solved surely they can exit up the top from there issue may be then how they get to the train station but its not exactly a gauntlet of hate against the oposition i would be more worried about getting home if i was a charlton player
  • Options
    http://www.charltonlife.com/blog/?p=169

Article on the blog about this.
  • Options
    And not only do people not know that it's called the Jimmy Seed stand I now read people referring to "that exit behind the big screen

IT'S THE SAM BARTRAM GATE FFS
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LOL, Henry ........Johnny Come Lately's, d'you reckon, left overs from our Prem 'Glory Days' who are too new to know Charlton's history.....?

Just pulling your leg, NLA ......... :o)