Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jerome Thomas

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
with just a year left on his contract I'd get rid of him this summer for anything over 250k. If he stays then not only will he walk for nought but we'd have a stroppy useless waster for another season.

Comments

• Options
    think jt has come out and said if we dont go up he wants out.
  • Options
    Thomas' attitude given all that ability is undeniably irritating. HOWEVER he cost us £100K which is peanuts in Premiership terms.

I reckon we've had our moneys worth whatever he does.
  • Options
    Get rid and play someone who actually wants to be here. Preferably a winger that can cross the ball and score goals. Thomas has plenty of skill but no end product.
  • Options
    I wonder who will actually sign him though - I expected him to go to Fulham in January as Les Reed is a fan of his, but now they looked doomed I guess that will rule them out
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite]I wonder who will actually sign him though - I expected him to go to Fulham in January as Les Reed is a fan of his, but now they looked doomed I guess that will rule them out

Didn't 'arry want him in January?
  • Options
    Portsmouth will have him for about 500K, he'll sit on the bench a couple of times, and be quite happy....get rid - tosser.
  • Options
    talking of Fulham, made me laugh in the London Lite last night to read that Danny Murphy tosser saying he won't desert them in the summer. Said his contract is up but whether he'll stay depends on what he is offered and if they are relegated and the budget is cut then they might not be able to agree something. So, willing to stay but only if the money is right. Prize twat.
  • Options
    However annoying Thomas is it's undeniable that he's talented. I can see him going for £1-2m and sods law he'll tear it up at his new club.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite]I wonder who will actually sign him though - I expected him to go to Fulham in January as Les Reed is a fan of his, but now they looked doomed I guess that will rule them out

Wigan, Birmingham, Bolton if they stay up. Pompey have been interested before although if they're in Europe they may set their sights higher. The 3 promoted clubs?
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited April 2008
    Let Wigan take him and Bent, chuck in Faye as a special offer!

Not doubt he's got ability on the ball and going past players but cannot cross to save his life and just doesn't have the right attitude, I don't think he'll ever be a top player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite]However annoying Thomas is it's undeniable that he's talented. I can see him going for £1-2m and sods law he'll tear it up at his new club.[/quote]

Not unless he learns how to cross a ball he won't....

Watched a full training session at the start of the season at the Valley and as part of a drill the wide men had to put crosses into the box
    Between Sam and Thomas they managed one half decent ball in 10 minutes
    Seeing how ordinary the pair of them were made me wish I'd stuck at the footie a bit longer
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite]However annoying Thomas is it's undeniable that he's talented. I can see him going for £1-2m and sods law he'll tear it up at his new club.

not when they can get him for free 9 months later. 500k tops, in my opinion.
  • Options
    lot of competition for decent players and lots of dosh around so expect a newly promoted club will pick him up if not one of the relegation fighters from this year that stayed up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite]However annoying Thomas is it's undeniable that he's talented. I can see him going for £1-2m and sods law he'll tear it up at his new club.

If he goes for more than £500k I will be stunned that there is someone so stupid around..
  • Options
    pinaar (spelling??) has just cost everton £2 mill so how any1 thinks we'll get above 250k for thomas is beyond me
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]If he goes for more than £500k I will be stunned that there is someone so stupid around..
    agreed!
  • Options
    Yeah let him go Jumped up little Twat
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]If he goes for more than £500k I will be stunned that there is someone so stupid around..
    agreed!

I think people are saying 1 or 2 mill because those were the amounts being quoted at the begining of the season when Fulham and a couple of others clubs were looking at him. If we get 2 mill combined for the trio from Rio (Thomas, Bent and Faye) I'll be pleased!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
  • Options
    Isn't Marcus Bent out of contract?
    And there's no way we'd get any money for Faye.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bent is in contract as Pards mentioned what to do with him if Wigan dont buy him
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Bent is in contract as Pards mentioned what to do with him if Wigan dont buy him

Accoding to the papers this week, there is a contract for Bent at Wigan if they stay up.
  • Options
    Bruce said on SSN that if Wigan stay up then Bent will stay i reckon we will get 20mill for him if we haggle