Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ZZ

anyone know the score with his contract / work permit ?, i.e could he be snapped up by someone else (in the Prem) ?

hope not, as I think with the right midfielder alongside him in the middle - he's our main man.

Comments

• Options
    Useful in a midfield 5 not in a midfield 4.
  • Options
    Same with Ambrose though isn't it? I think one of them should move on.
  • Options
    Completely agree Eltham. Needs the enforcer next to him. Fingers crossed nobody snaps Faye up.

S.
  • Options
    ye gods wash your mouth out pls... (assume you were kidding?)
  • Options
    ;-). All seriousness though, doesn't Faye have at least a year on his contract? Can't see there being anyone else stupid enough to take him off our hands again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Same with Ambrose though isn't it? I think one of them should move on.

bye bye Darren then pls
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite];-). All seriousness though, doesn't Faye have at least a year on his contract? Can't see there being anyone else stupid enough to take him off our hands again.
    I won't be surprised to see him released in the summer. Senior club people (and I'm talking Directors here) have said that neither Faye nor Bent will be back at the club, no matter what happens with regard to their loan teams keeping them or not.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite];-). All seriousness though, doesn't Faye have at least a year on his contract? Can't see there being anyone else stupid enough to take him off our hands again.

It's probably heresy to say it but unless his wages are stupid and his attitude stinks we could do worse than keep him!

I reckon he'd do a job in the Championship and offers physical presence which we've seen is needed in this league.

Faye and Zheng might just work!

*Ducks to avoid brickbats!:-)*
  • Options
    his wages are huge (comparitively) and he is shite, so no thanks
  • Options
    As I've said before I really really hope we dont build our midfield around ZZ.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]As I've said before I really really hope we dont build our midfield around ZZ.

Agreed. He is not consistant enough and one good game is usually followed by a couple of very average ones.
  • Options
    ZZ flatters to deceive and I'd rather he wasn't a regular next season.
  • Options
    so does Holland in my view
  • Options
    So does everybody, according to all these posts .......!

:o)
  • Options
    he he, I know I do..
  • Options
    One thing is for sure - Holland and ZZ have been at the core of our team since Reid left and the performances and results have been poor.
  • Options
    http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=chn/ranking/gender=m/index.html

China still outside the top 75 so I don't think any British clubs can get new permits for Chinese players. So he is stuck with us!
  • Options
    I am very surprised so many people seem to dislike ZZ, personally I think he's a fantastic player and was so throughout the first half of the season, he tailed off in the 2nd half of the season, I suspect the amount of games/travelling took it's toll a bit.

For me, he always seems to make himself time on the ball and if anything has to much class for the rest of them (who are just not on his wavelength)

I must watch different games to alot of people......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]I am very surprised so many people seem to dislike ZZ, personally I think he's a fantastic player and was so throughout the first half of the season, he tailed off in the 2nd half of the season, I suspect the amount of games/travelling took it's toll a bit.

For me, he always seems to make himself time on the ball and if anything has to much class for the rest of them (who are just not on his wavelength)

I must watch different games to alot of people......

I'm with you....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]I must watch different games to alot of people......

Me too, I think he's excellent, been quiet lately but was still trying to keep possession and find space, never seen him lump it upfield even when he's deep. Guess all the differing opinions is what makes football great. Like to know who we think we might replace him with though, rather we need someone who will complement him, a Carsley type player. I do agree unless we play 5 in midfield don't see how he and Ambrose can play together, neither look good out wide and would be too lightweight together.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ZZ has been fine for us this year he was knackered due to the amount of footie he played and travelling and we never gave him the time to recover so his performance dropped i think he is one of the only quality midfielders we have
  • Options
    carsley is available at the end of the season, may do a job. would add that bite we need in midfield, i know he is getting on but think he has more of an engine that holland
  • Options
    going to derby ask NLA
  • Options
    Lee Carsley has agreed to go to Derby along with a Premier league quality striker according to Danny mills last week the deal has been done with Jewelly already allegedly
  • Options
    imo, zz would be signed by 1 of a number of premier league clubs if it weren't for the restriction.
  • Options
    IMHO ZZ is class and I hope we keep him. He scored 9 goals which is 9 more than Matt Holland. Also this was his first full season in England and he was flying off round the world to play WC games. he's knackered.

At the time we signed him China were outside the top 75 teams in the FIFA ranking so he was not guarenteed a work permit for another club. If China are back in the top 75 it would be a lot easier and even if they are not we know that certain clubs get what they want and others (Bolanos anyone) don't.

Faye was wanted by Blackburn so there is hope.

Carsley would be ideal. How old is he now?
  • Options
    Henners it aint going to happen with Carsley if Millsy (tosser) is correct
  • Options
    Carsley is 34....
  • Options
    According to the British media report, Chelsea has been a Premier League club that eyes chinese mart ,before the Olympic Games start, Chelsea signs Zheng Zhi ,It must help grab RMB
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    sorry chelsea, you'll have to pay 10m +Jcole, Lampard, terry and drogba. zz is THAT good

NO,WOW,Surely Zheng Zhi's worth more than that? I'd say more like £50m + J. Cole, Lampard, Terry, Drogba, Cech, Belletti, Malouda, Makalele and I suppose Shevchenko may get on the bench. Zheng Zhi is the best footballer to ever walk the planet. Even that bid may not be big enough to prise Zheng away from us
  • Options
    cuckooooooo