Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just a thought.........scrap the free tickets but...

The club are prepared to give away free season tickets next season, i have a proposal in which would make us stronger in the short term but more importantly in the long term.

We have done ok away from home this season, but maybe there are grounds we could have done better. It is also open acknowledged within the fans as well as within football that our away following isnt that good, or shall we say could be better.

Scrap the free ticket campaign, and should we get promoted there is a price freeze if renewed by a certain date.

With the finances that have been emarked to subsidise the free tickets for next season lets give the fans to take advantage of say 2,500 free coach places for every away game.

More importantly what this would do is encourage fans to go to the away gaames, as well as the younger generation to start to to go to away games, we need to get away support up, be more vocal and roar the team on away from home as well as at home, if we are putting to much preasure on the team for the home games players are going to get nervery if we would have got results at Wolves, WBA,Scunny, Blackpool, we may well have not have had so much more preasure on the home games enabling the players to relax in games, express themselves and win more than we would have done at home this season.

Comments

• Options
    So we use the money to line the pockets of other clubs. Great idea
  • Options
    But the free season tickets were only if we got promoted and had the £30m+ premiership money behind us. We haven't got that, so who will subsidise these coaches?
  • Options
    Lining the other clubs pockets??? So do u suggest we cut our noses off spite our face and take no away fans, mentally if u r a player and u run out onto the pitch with a packed noisy away end there is more chance that it would motivate the team to do well, as for the free season tickets if we get promoted that is all relative, would rather see good aaway support than have a freebie, and by getting that away support on board we will win more away games ensuring a very high chance of promotion or atleast the play offs
  • Options
    I hate travelling by coach though.

Can I have some beer tokens for away games instead - a few of them and I can get very noisy.
  • Options
    I don't think you would get 2,500 travelling away to every match even if the tickets were free, never mind the coaches.
  • Options
    As has been said. The free ST offer would be compensated by the extra revenue from the PL, your plan would need funding from already tight resources.

Our record on 'operation' days isn't that great either. Has someone got the facts?
  • Options
    Not a bad idea. It's a terrible idea. Have you got any others?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]Our record on 'operation' days isn't that great either. Has someone got the facts?

Yes - just the one point at Vale Park.
  • Options
    Forest Away.........would it not be a good exercise to get a new generation of away fans, in principal i think the travel would work, and fans that couldnt afford it or think twice about going to go a game may take advantage of the offer....
  • Options
    don't forget there was an element of rewarding the fans, maintaining momentum, a bit of unity, behind these initatives
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    more importantly it would be genuine fans benifiting rather than the free loaders who just go to football
  • Options
    gerry cottles red and white army!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]Our record on 'operation' days isn't that great either. Has someone got the facts?[/quote]

Yes - just the one point at Vale Park.[/quote]

We won at Port Vale non?

1-0 Mendonca pen

pen won by Mills in front of the travelling fans
  • Options
    I think the free trips were

1998 Port Vale won 1-0
    1999 Everton lost 4-1
    2000 Forest drew 1-1
    2001 Leicester drew 1-1
    2005 Portsmouth lost 4-2
    2006 Boro lost 4-2
    2007 Blackburn lost 4-1

May have been games between 2002 and 2005 but struggling to remember!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]free loaders who just go to football

Hasn't everyone who's held a season ticket paid for them? And doesn't everyone benefit if we go up? including all of the 500 or whatever who was a Selhurst that night blah blah blah..... Everyone who pays is supporting the club whether that be financially or vocally or both, what makes them free loaders?
  • Options
    Like the creative thinking but I can see some flaws.

The free ST has value to all ST holders as it is something they already buy but would now get for free.

A free coach place would not be of value to all fans. If you don't plan to travel to all or many away game or like Addickted and me, don't like using coaches, then the value to you is limited.

Even in direct cash terms 23 X £15 coach fair has a lower book price than a free ST in some parts of the ground.

Also the ST reaches all the fans who can attend home games. The free coach is by its nature limited to only 1/6 or 1/8 of the home support.

There would also be issues for games like Scunthorpe (OK they have gone down) with less than 2500 places and London games where people will go by tube.

it's an idea worth working on. If there was a sponsor for the coach travel perhaps or free train travel for people who have attended 10 away games perhaps but not as an alternative to the free ST.