Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnsley away?!??!

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
Got my ticket who else is going to venture up?

Comments

• Options
    Shortest Thread Ever me thinks :-)
  • Options
    nope spunked enough this year watching crap,thoroughly enjoyed my away games up to leicester away ever since it's gone tits up.
  • Options
    Bought my train ticket for this a couple of months back, so will be venturing up there. Taking in the Wakefield v Quins RL game at 6 on the way back.
  • Options
    Guess the away following 300 ish?
  • Options
    oohaah's going
  • Options
    To be fair if we had won at QPR it would be Operation Oakwell!!!! £5 saved on a rubbish T-shirt?
  • Options
    Me plus two
  • Options
    me plus one and i'll count how many we have up there for a truthful amount not the inflated numbers we usually make up
  • Options
    Going to give this a miss can't really afford it.
  • Options
    Sorry Gents it's my birthday so going out to get sh!t face oh and see the parents etc

Medders is watching rugby
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Gumbo[/cite]Sorry Gents it's my birthday so going out to get sh!t face oh and see the parents etc

Medders is watching rugby

You tit.

What's the coup for your birthday then? You going to actually decide what you're doing and let anyone know?
  • Options
    Pepper mint Hippo's mate all the way mate
  • Options
    Aye plus me lickle lady
  • Options
    I am going plus two.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    We will be up there early as going by train and going to weatherspoons first. where you lot going?

I asked on a barnsley forum and got a few sensible replies as follows:

I'd stick to Rigby Suite in Metrodome mate, coaches drop you off there anyway.

You could go in any pub in town barring a few (Groggers Rest for example) with very little trouble. However the police don't like away fans coming into the town centre on match days for some reason...you'd think we were a town full of hooligans!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Avoid the Courthouse Station also, both are situated near the lego bus station. If you head toward the Town Hall there is an abundance of pubs, Walkabout, Joseph Brammers, Yates Wine Lodge, etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You'll struggle to get in Yates...it closed down about 3 week ago....have a go though, be a good laugh!!!

Yates it is then

i know there from London but thats below the belt!!! ha

Fantastic. Ill have a drink with some Charlton fans if you guys are pulling the free pints .

Fancy meeting somewhere lads
  • Options
    Yeah i am doing Barnsley.
  • Options
    Ms Lat and myself will be there, looking forward to seeing Jonjo and Waggy making their debuts
  • Options
    Lats

Last time I saw you was at Deepdale.

How things were different back then.

See you Saturday!
  • Options
    me too
  • Options
    Im there with a mate must be mad
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: palcafc[/cite]We will be up there early as going by train and going to weatherspoons first. where you lot going?

Will be drinking in Sheffield early doors (though out before the Bristol City nobheads are bowling around).

Then canning it up on the train... with Wetherspoons and the Metro Dome on the menu... also got The Outpost and The Holleywell Inn but both are the other side of the ground - might go for them if the Metro Dome is crap/empty
    [cite]Posted By: RedRoss[/cite]must be mad

have been for a while on the charlton front...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    Then canning it up on the train... with Wetherspoons and the Metro Dome on the menu... also got The Outpost and The Holleywell Inn but both are the other side of the ground - might go for them if the Metro Dome is crap/empty

The whole town is crap...
  • Options
    Five of us going up. Its my 30th tomorrow so I'm draging some of the lads kicking and screaming to Barnsley. Staying over and going out in Shefield sat night.
  • Options
    Ill be there, presuming they'll sell tickets on the gate
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: millaphile[/cite]Staying over and going out in Shefield sat night.

may well bump into you blokes then!
  • Options
    i think we will only take agout 150 up there
  • Options
    the only reason we are taking that many is that cafc are laying on free coach travel on for the snooker in sheffield
  • Options
    Sevenoaks mini massive going up early on Saturday - overnighting it in Manchester.

Oakwell will be a proper old skool away.
  • Options
    will be interesting with Palace taking the King's X to Yorkshire route as well...

had sold over 200 before QPR mist, would imagine a few are eyeing this for overnighters/old school as above, will be around 5-800 i'd imagine
  • Options
    yours at 500