Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

5 key players for next season

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
We all hope for some new key players up the spine of the team this summer, but from our current squad, who do you think could be key players next season?
Please limit yourself to just five ;-)

For me:

Bougherra
Varney
Gray (I suspect Todorov will be released)
Ambrose
Weaver

Comments

• Options
    key meaning if ambrose is here we're fecked?
  • Options
    I suspect only two of those will be with us
  • Options
    Ambrose
    ZZ
    Varney
    Boogie
    McLeod (I still think if he'd put that one away at Palace or he'd taken the 2nd penalty at home against Norwich things would have been different).
  • Options
    i think you may have been right re Palace,however you can't keep saying if he did this or that.He scored against West Brom and i thought i might kick start his season,sadly it didn't.
  • Options
    He didn't get too many starts though did he. What about Dickson seems to have been a bit forgotten since his injury, be interesting to see where he ends up in the pecking order.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i think you may have been right re Palace,however you can't keep saying if he did this or that.He scored against West Brom and i thought i might kick start his season,sadly it didn't.

Hardly give the chance was he, he never made the starting line up after that game.
  • Options
    Tough one since I reckon some of the more likely ones could go to newly promoted sides. However:

Weaver
    Youga (if offered a deal)
    Varney
    ZZ
    Dickson (a bit of a punt)
  • Options
    Blackpool,West Brom in cup,not sure Hull at home
  • Options
    Dicko spent 4 weeks in Dubai with his missus after injuring himself in the foyer of a hotel so was not fit for last 8 games but he needed to get a run under his belt so we could see if he can do it the Gills sure have missed him
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Dicko spent 4 weeks in Dubai with his missus after injuring himself in the foyer of a hotel so was not fit for last 8 games but he needed to get a run under his belt so we could see if he can do it the Gills sure have missed him

I suspect injuring himself falling over whilst drunk didn't do his chances to much good either....

for me, I think Varney, Bougy, Racon, ZZ and Dickson (despite the above, I think he's got a future with us and will play a big part next season).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bougherra,
    Gibbs,
    Varney,
    ZZ,
    The new Tough Tackling Centre Mid we buy in the summer
  • Options
    i aint signing Ketman i am waiting for a bigger club
  • Options
    LOl
  • Options
    he said tough tacklin not fat fecker
  • Options
    Same thing Fat bstd tackles flash bstd, flash bstd checks legs to make sure fat bloke aint ate em
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    Varney, Basey, Wagstaf, Shelvey, zz

can't be certain any of the others will be here
  • Options
    bougherra, weaver, gray, varney, ambrose
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]

I suspect injuring himself falling over whilst drunk didn't do his chances to much good either....

for me, I think Varney, Bougy, Racon, ZZ and Dickson (despite the above, I think he's got a future with us and will play a big part next season).

I've never heard it said that he was drunk, just larking about.

Five key players

Weaver
    Gibbs
    Bougherra
    Monteiro
    Moutilakil

All good teams are based on a solid defensive five
  • Options
    I heard the same as you Henners i heard he and 2 others were messing around and he ended up hurt seeing as it was in the early part of day for a footballer to be drunk dont seem correct and a tad unfair
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Iwelumo told me what happened to Dicko.

He twisted his knee i think in training and was already buggered then at the hotel, his tracky bottoms were caught over the bottom of his shoe and someone went to lift it off and he turned and twisted it even worse!
  • Options
    There you go WSS and not a beer in sight
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I heard the same as you Henners i heard he and 2 others were messing around and he ended up hurt seeing as it was in the early part of day for a footballer to be drunk dont seem correct and a tad unfair

I heard different !
  • Options
    Weaver
    Bougherra
    Racon
    ZZ
    Gray
  • Options
    Varney - showed glimpses but either needs a proper run up front, or be used wide where I think he is very effective.

Bougherra - I dont like him but Pardew does, our central defence is going to need to be so so much better next season.

Zheng - Class when he wanted to be, went off the boil late in the season but needs to do it for 40 games next year.

Dickson - I think he could be good next season, dont know why just gut feeling.

Thomas - IF he stays another season, he needs to buck his ideas up cos if he can rediscover his form of 3 years ago he will take the mickey at this level.
  • Options
    I can only name 4 :-(
    Weaver
    Motorkil
    Magic
    Gray
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Basey - Limited future as a full back or winger but could be our midfield enforcer
    Gray - Like the look of him in the hole
    Youga - Can only assume he was dropped because he's off but here's hoping
    Bougey - Since he put on some weight has looked a great CH, time to find him a new partner
    Varney - Could be devastating playing off the shoulder if he gets the service, if Gray doesn't fire neither will Luke.
  • Options
    Dickson
    Gibbs
    Mootoo
    ZZ
    Marcus Bent
  • Options
    Dickson
    Gibbo
    Shelvey
    Wagstff
    Solly

all 5 would be like new signings all with a point too prove

5 for sale

JT
    Bent
    Faye
    Fortune
    Ambrose

could potentially get a couple of mill + for that lot and good fecking riddance