Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We scrap our Women's team after relegation. Derby...

Comments

• I mis-read the Title & thought we had scrapped the Womens Team after their relegation from the Womens Premier League & was thinking oh God we are gonna have some right saddo's moaning about Charlton & not supporting Womens football Zzzzzzzz
  • can't see how scrapping the reserve side will help their cause....so what if it's a team full of youngsters...sort's the men from the boys !....and what about injured players trying to get fit etc etc ?
  • edited April 2008
    Thought they were loaded according to some on here so it can't be financial right? Weird one.. more likely don't want players reds and yellow cards to affect the first team? Want to play at their own convenience behind closed doors its says? Who knows...
  • good idea we couldn't play moo2 recently because he was suspended so it seems a very good idea to me.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]good idea we couldn't play moo2 recently because he was suspended so it seems a very good idea to me.

Simply change the rules then so that yellow cards in reserve games don't count for first team games.
    I think that the whole suspension system needs to be re-considered anyhow as it often punishes the victim.
  • It's been hinted that Derby has already spent their forthcoming 1st year parachute money - scrapping their reserve team may just indicate they are in more financial trouble than generally people think?

It's not just about servicing reserve fixtures - being rid of the whole infrastructure, coaches, backroom etc, let alone a chance to reduce the squad numbers may play a big part in reducing costs..

I remember a number of years ago, Portsmouth ran for many seasons without a reserve team.
  • I went to Derby today, what a sh!thole!
  • yeah didnt they have big debts?