Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading fans complain about Police

Totally understand where they are coming from....

British Transport Police illegal searches

Comments

• Options
    why would they target someone wearing a football shirt... surely they shoudl be looking out for the stone island... :-)
  • Options
    So they got frisked, big deal. What a fuss about nothing!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]So they got frisked, big deal. What a fuss about nothing!!

Would have been ok if it wasn't for the rubber glove treatment....

Its all about civil liberties. Just because you're a football fan, doesn't mean you're intent on trouble!
  • Options
    I heard the OB stopped Millwall leaving a pub on Saturday so they missed the match.....terrible.
  • Options
    Can't see what the problem is.

If you're carrying anything and get caught, it's your own fault. If you're not carrying anything, you've got nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Can't see what the problem is.

If you're carrying anything and get caught, it's your own fault. If you're not carrying anything, you've got nothing to worry about.

agreed!

It's a little like random breath testing for driving over the limit.

If you haven't done/ got anything doesn't matter but is for the better good.....
  • Options
    Totally agree. If you're not doing anything wrong then whats the problem?
  • Options
    Like when i was stopped underthe Prevention of Terrorism act in Dalston. maybe they were shocked at someone was suited and booted and had had a wash in that sh*t hole . Even wheni walked into the Turkish cafe i go to for breakfast the guy asked me why i was stopped and searched he couldnt believe it. They didnt even search the bag i was carrying. Its all for statistics isnt it ? "we stopped x amount for this reason, blah blah "
    Why was their key question to me "what ethnicity are you?" if i had the time i should have said "Mongolian -------yak herder---- retired". or "i did try to join the Police force but they said my IQ was to high".

But in truth you say nothing just try to be polite, hope the OB who is asking you xyz is in a good mood and hopefully you will be having your breakfast soon or be on your way. sad sad sad.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    its a disgrace how some police abuse the Prevention of Terrorism act in that way, they are their own worst enemy some times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    on camera 300 times a day in London , we have the biggest DNA data base per head of population in the WORLD 5/5%. we live in a free and democratic country yet this is ok ? all your mobile phones are randomly scanned and automatic scanning occurs on ALL phone lines.

Our OB now randomly use the section 60 law re anti terror on football herberts.

When does it stop being " in our intrest" and start being a FU++ING Pi** TAKE then ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]When does it stop being " in our intrest" and start being a FU++ING Pi** TAKE then ?

When religious nutters stop blowing up Busses and Tubes full of innocent people!
  • Options
    It will continue until the "if you've got nothing to hide then it doesn't matter" brigade realise that it does matter, that the powers that be will always abuse any power given to them and the more power you give the more they will abuse it. It starts with football fans having anti-terrorism laws used against them, when does it stop? Last year an old man was arrested under anti-terrorism laws for daring to stand up at the labour party conference and question the PM, how long before anybody questioning the goverment is considered a "terrorist threat"? Will this post be used by a goverment agency to "prove" I'm a "dangerous subversive"?

It's not paranoia if they really are all out to get you ;)
  • Options
    the IRA 1883 till 1996 ish . This lot how long ? if they stopped in two days would the laws be axed ?

The aim of terrorism is to change the way we see others and they way we live so in fact your saying they have won.
  • Options
    Of course they've won. If nothing else they've drained our economy of billions of pounds a year wasted on anti-terrorism, they've made our own population suspicious of each other and everybody else, they can cripple major public places for the cost of a cardboard box, and if the government get their way over ID cards brought us one step closer to nazi germany - "may I see you papers", "I just want to get a train to a football match", "Seize them!"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]the IRA 1883 till 1996 ish . This lot how long ? if they stopped in two days would the laws be axed ?

The aim of terrorism is to change the way we see others and they way we live so in fact your saying they have won.

The agenda and mode of operation of the IRA was completly different to the threat of Al-Qaeda.

How has your life been changed by these new laws? Some over zelous flat foot holds you up for 10 minutes, hardly the end of the world is it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]Of course they've won. If nothing else they've drained our economy of billions of pounds a year wasted on anti-terrorism, they've made our own population suspicious of each other and everybody else, they can cripple major public places for the cost of a cardboard box, and if the government get their way over ID cards brought us one step closer to nazi germany - "may I see you papers", "I just want to get a train to a football match", "Seize them!"

And what would you have them do, ignore that fact that there are certain groups in this country that will happily strap explosives to themselves, get on a packed tube and blow themselves and everyone around them to pieces?
  • Options
    ok folks this could go on forever most of us have been stopped and searched by OB going to and from footie matches with mugshots and videos for years cos it happens to a rich berkshire land owner it makes news lets not change it in to a political debate that can not be won be any party
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]So they got frisked, big deal. What a fuss about nothing!![/quote]

Would have been ok if it wasn't for the rubber glove treatment....

Its all about civil liberties. Just because you're a football fan, doesn't mean you're intent on trouble![/quote]

Football fans and civil liberties....dont get me started. there's no such thing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]Of course they've won. If nothing else they've drained our economy of billions of pounds a year wasted on anti-terrorism, they've made our own population suspicious of each other and everybody else, they can cripple major public places for the cost of a cardboard box, and if the government get their way over ID cards brought us one step closer to nazi germany - "may I see you papers", "I just want to get a train to a football match", "Seize them!"

And what would you have them do, ignore that fact that there are certain groups in this country that will happily strap explosives to themselves, get on a packed tube and blow themselves and everyone around them to pieces?

Certainly not, but there are already plenty of laws against specific acts that cover virtually everything that terrorists do and/or plan to do, I'm pretty sure there were laws against blowing yourself and those surrounding you up long before 7/7. What I object to in the unchecked power grab by politians, the police and anybody else who can spell terrorism, and the amount is costing us in freedom and taxes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think a balance should be drawn between a police state and curbing terrorism, otherwise they would just lock everyone up - no terror see, but not a lot else either.

They should be held to account for using that law, and have to justify it, if its so important to use it it must be easy to justify. Perhaps they could give you card, and if you feel it was abused you could follow it up.

Whatever is done Police should not be using the act inappropriately as it diminishes what is a very important attempt to stop death and destruction, and it and makes them look like c***s
  • Options
    im on camera 300 times a day my DNA is on a data base although ihave not convicted of anything. My mobile phone is scanned and everytime i go through imigration i have to be almost striped searched. So YES pal it has changed my life and yours.

Give our OBill more power ? because there is a threat out there ? you have to be f**kin joking.
  • Options
    i wouldnt mind if they used some of these powers so much to tackle serious crime, statistics show areas of high crime, so search people there?...

that road by eltham station where my car got done, always has broken glass if not cars with their windows smashed and thats during the day and what do the police do??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]im on camera 300 times a day my DNA is on a data base although ihave not convicted of anything. My mobile phone is scanned and everytime i go through imigration i have to be almost striped searched. So YES pal it has changed my life and yours.

Give our OBill more power ? because there is a threat out there ? you have to be f**kin joking.

GH - I think that we might well be in agreement for the very first time on CL!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]When does it stop being " in our intrest" and start being a FU++ING Pi** TAKE then ?

When religious nutters stop blowing up Busses and Tubes full of innocent people!

But these people were clearly not religious nutters out to blow people up Barn Door, they were football fans, and as Razil says, the police are abusing the powers.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]

But these people were clearly not religious nutters out to blow people up Barn Door, they were football fans, and as Razil says, the police are abusing the powers.

They can and do abuse their powers, seen it first hand and see it every time at the Valley, in the pubs or clubs, your normal civil liberties are useless as a football fan or near to, or on the way to a football ground, different powers can and do come into play.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    If you are or feel victimised by the police at anytime at a football match take it up with Cherie Blairs law firm and say that the cooper/s in question have abused your EU human rights. That way you can make some dosh and our previous glourious leader will aswell.

Why dont the police employ real football supporters to get to know the situtation better and real football fans better maybe they could fast track them. Just an idea.
  • Options
    ""The agenda of the IRA and operation was entirely differant from Al-Queada" was it bollox.

walk in to a boozer in Birmingham on a Friday night have a chat and leave a bomb under table that blew 22 people to bits,or planting bombs on the tube in 1883, or the Tower of London, or harrods , or puting bombs in kids toys, or waste paper bins in train stations.No differance at all. They wanted as many dead as they could. 200 bombs in London. Why do yuou think they are called terrorists ? is it because they didnt like the name Fred !! or the fact they want to install terror and change our way of life ?
  • Options
    cor dear goonerhater could you just stop whinging... ? you miserable old scroat. whinge whinge whinge. You're worse than a woman.

be happy its saint georges day and you've got the day off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]If you are or feel victimised by the police at anytime at a football match take it up with Cherie Blairs law firm and say that the cooper/s in question have abused your EU human rights. That way you can make some dosh and our previous glourious leader will aswell.

Why dont the police employ real football supporters to get to know the situtation better and real football fans better maybe they could fast track them. Just an idea.

Cant mention names but that idea has been brought up recently by a club employee regards a certain individual or individuals, but we believe OB knocked it back, they forced the doorman off of the door at the Cons club as he was a "known face", made it clear to the clubs management that their licence would be in jeopardy if he did not stand down on matchdays....see, they do abuse their power.
    And this person was the first to notice and stop the second wave of Saints fans who came back later in the evening to attack the Cons club.