Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How much was managers fault?

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Arguably some reasons for our poor start but who is to blame?

Old squad in tatters/New squad gelling?

Relying on players who clearly aren't good enough, cos of failure to land people like Sidwell that work permit debacle, and Pouso/Hasselbaink not being up to it?

Settling in time for new manager?

Injuries to key players/new signings?

Tactical errors?

Comments

• Options
    Unfortunatley, a bit of all of those......I feel Charlton have done Dowie an injustice.
  • Options
    The Buck stops with the manager, but personally I think this is the mother of all 'C*ck ups' made by CAFC sacking the manager after 12 games. The football has improved, it was always gonna take time, think we are taking a huge gamble getting someone else in now. It is a pivotal decision in the season may well even be proved correct. Alarm bells are ringing in my head now though, think we have pretty much cut our own throats.
  • Options
    Do you really think that Murray et al would have changed their philosophy on the way they manage the first team manager (ie with such a short termist view) over the past six months? Absolutley no way. There is far more to it - and far more than will come out in the public domain. This decision has been forced on the board over the past few weeks, and has little to do with the league position.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oracle[/cite]Unfortunatley, a bit of all of those......I feel Charlton have done Dowie an injustice.[/quote]

I do to, but let's see what comes out today.
  • Options
    howitzer, I think you are 100% right, no doubt there is much more to this and most of it will stay closely guarded. Clearly, someone was going to leave and it must have been clear to the board that it would be best if it was ID.
  • Options
    The more I hear about this, the more I conclude that Dowie's departure had more to do with stuff off the field than it did on it.