Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Famous Chinese People.........

edited April 2008 in Not Sports Related
OK without looking them up or doing a google search. How many famous Chinese people - famous as in the bloke on the 198 bus will have heard of him/her - can you name?

I give you Mao Tse Tung & Ken Hom for starters.

Comments

• Options
    Zheng Zhi
  • Options
    Gok Wan
  • Options
    Confucious
  • Options
    jackie chan.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2008
    Bruce Lee
    Marco Fu
    John Woo
  • Options
    Bolo Yeung
  • Options
    It's strange that there are 1369451000 Chinese people (born there or by descent) - 20% of the worlds population - yet we can probably name more famous Belgians!!
  • Options
    Elvis (the one that used to sing in the Chinese up the old kent road) ;)
  • Options
    Cato
  • Options
    Jackie Chan
    Zhou Enlai
    Ding Junhai
    Marco Fu
    Sun Jihai
    Yao Ming
    Ma Junren
    Jung Chang
    Sun Yatsen
    Li Ka-Shing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sum Yun Gai
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Jackie Chan
    Zhou Enlai
    Ding Junhai
    Marco Fu
    Sun Jihai
    Yao Ming
    Ma Junren
    Jung Chang
    Sun Yatsen
    Li Ka-Shing

The proverbial bloke on the 198 bus is gonna be struggling with all of these barring Mr Chan.

I might add Bert Kwok though - for fans of the Pink Panther & Harry Hill.

I bet there are more famous Belgians.
  • Options
    Woody Allen's step daughter who he married.

The golfer Michelle Wi
  • Options
    The trick seems to be if you are Chinese & you want to become famous in the West, you have to have an anglicised first name!
  • Options
    In my game we talk to a lot of Chinese in S'pore and Hong Kong, they all select a Western first name. Franky Orr and Charlie Wing are two guys I know.
    I friend of mine who works in S'pore knows a guy at Ernst & Young called Ernest Yeoung!
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy[/cite]is back chirpy is back, ello, ello, chirpy is back chirpy is back ello ello
  • Options
    Ting Tong
  • Options
    Oakster not 100% true re Chinese and Western first names. I worked with a real fire brand young Chinese lady called Lyn Wong , however her first name wasnt Lyn but it was as close as most could get to her real first name so she adopted it.
    Stunning lookin lady, 4 foot nothing spoke with a scouse acent. Her family had this huge restuarant in Liverpool. One day she says to me i need next couple days off owing to the fact that she had to attend Crown Court in Liverpool after going after a pissed up punter in her dads restaurant with a meat clever !!! case was drpped but she left through ill health 6 months later unkown to any of us she used to drink two full bottles of Vodka a day ! and her dad got her home up North and in a drying out clinic.
    was great fun to go out with, she was always hit on by guys where ever she went and to see that tiny lady say in that scouse acent "f**k off pal OK" will stick with me for ever.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Woody Allen's step daughter who he married.

The golfer Michelle Wi[/quote]

Michelle Wi is Hawaiin.
  • Options
    jimmy wang yang
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]The trick seems to be if you are Chinese & you want to become famous in the West, you have to have an anglicised first name!

Worked for Li Ka Shing's company in Hong Kong - yes the bloke on the 198 would struggle oakster - dont think he read your question properly.

What a horrible place to work that was. But anyway you're right about the anglicised name... about a 1000 worked in our office and when bored i would read the telephone directory to look at the christian names! We had plenty of Fanny's, about fives Eagles, but the ones that stood out was that we had one Boogie and one Disco respectively.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]The trick seems to be if you are Chinese & you want to become famous in the West, you have to have an anglicised first name!

Worked for Li Ka Shing's company in Hong Kong - yes the bloke on the 198 would struggle oakster - dont think he read your question properly.

What a horrible place to work that was. But anyway you're right about the anglicised name... about a 1000 worked in our office and when bored i would read the telephone directory to look at the christian names! We had plenty of Fanny's, about fives Eagles, but the ones that stood out was that we had one Boogie and one Disco respectively.

Over in Singapore and HongKong for Natwest/RBS we had a Fanny Pak and Fanny Pun.
  • Options
    What that Chinese chef call Ken somthing?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stoke_addick[/cite]What that Chinese chef call Ken somthing?[/quote]

Ken Hom, he had a magic wok...
  • Options
    What, like Charles chow mein?
  • Options
    Kung pow chicken
  • Options
    sun tzu