Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Over reacting Police ruining the game

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Or are they right.

They tell Havant and Waterlooville they can't have the game at home against Millwall because it is high risk and make them go to Fratton Park where they had to get over 7000 crowd to break even. They now face administration because of the shortfall.

Millwall took 500 bloody fans.

Wolves have banned Cardiff from their ground becuase of a small minority kicking off over a bar being closed last season.

ALL WRONG.

Comments

• Options
    i brought this up for discussion a while back.
    h & w needed 7800 to break even.
    the police classed it as a category 'c' game (which is 1 below an england international ffs).

if the tie had made a profit, that profit be shared between th 2 clubs and the f.a.
    so with it making a loss, surely the same applies.
    can anyone shed any light on this?
  • Options
    I also think there were no trains to london after 9.30, thus making it impossible for millwall fans to travel other than by car, which probably didn't help the crowds.

seems completely ott to me.
  • Options
    OB Intelligence (an oxymoron in itself) said they expected up to 3000 Spanners to travel..........700!! FFS
  • Options
    Completely ruins the cup.... the idea of a lower league team getting a big draw at home is what the cup is all about.

Also shows double standards... which team a few seasons ago, asked to move their draw to a bigger stadium and were told no... was it Yeading?
  • Options
    511 to be exact Dan my little radio star