Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shoot me down if i'm wrong.....

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
But i reckon it will be Les Reed announced on a caretaker basis, with the view that if it goes well, he will be given the job. Or direct announced as manager straight away.

If he has any desires to move into management, i think he will see this as the right time. Les is also highly respected by the top brass of our club, and has a mountain of contacts throughout the game, having helped qualify most current managers.

Comments

• Options
    I think you're right mate
  • Options
    I think you are right about Reed being announced as a temporary basis but does he have any desire to become a front line manager on a long term basis?

I'm not sure otherwise he would have done it earlier in his career
  • Options
    I hope not. Now is not the time, we need someone with premiership experience to get us away from that dreaded bottom.
  • Options
    Prolly he'll get the job on a temporary basis, (who else is there?) but long-term I'm not so sure.

We need to get someone in to sort the defense out and motivate the players and get them performing, that is getting results. Les Reed strikes me as more of the behind the scenes type coach, working with the players, advising the manager rather than being the manager and cracking the whip. This would mean having a different relationship with the players than he has now. But appointing him chief coach would fit in with the structure of having a general manager and a coach, rather than a manager who does the lot. But can you see him giving the players the hairdryer treatment at half-time if things aren't going well?
  • Options
    who is there with premiership experience though Al who would come here ? The only ones available would have dubious past records, to say the least.

Not saying its my first choice at all, but i think its the most viable.

And it would also be a decision i could live with, and support.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]. But can you see him giving the players the hairdryer treatment at half-time if things aren't going well?

It doesn't always work like that though. If you're a thoughtful, methodical manager, then you employ a more volatile coach.

You have to cover all bases, but there is no set way on who should cover what base. Houllier / Thompson, Wenger / Rice as examples.
  • Options
    George Burley maybe or claudie whatisname ex Chelsea manager is he available?
  • Options
    Lawrie Sanchez...........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Lawrie Sanchez...........

who previously worked with Les Reed.

Good call - certainly one for the mix.
  • Options
    State the obvious ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what is obvious ?
  • Options
    The fact that Les Reed will be promoted
  • Options
    will it is now !

i don't believe it was obvious at all when that was posted 1st thing this morning that Les Reed would be the new manager, nor i think did most others. You're clearly ahead of everyone.