Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

South London pubs expired

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Erik_Bloodaxe[/cite]Plumstead...The Fort Tavern, The Bag O' Nails, The Cambridge, the 2 on Barnfield
    [cite]Posted By: Erik_Bloodaxe[/cite]Plumstead...The Fort Tavern, The Bag O' Nails, The Cambridge, the 2 on Barnfield

The Oak and Lord Bloomfield in Barnfield.....The Oak was once called the Den of iniquity...and I got shot in the Bag of Nails.....ah those were the days!

Wasn't the Bag of nails the Lord Raglan at one time or am I getting confused?
  • Options
    I got shot in the Bag of Nails.....ah those were the days!

Wow, that sounds painful!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]

The Oak and Lord Bloomfield in Barnfield.....The Oak was once called the Den of iniquity...and I got shot in the Bag of Nails.....ah those were the days!

Wasn't the Bag of nails the Lord Raglan at one time or am I getting confused?

Not the same pubs. The Raglan is still there on the J/T of Burrage Road and Raglan Road.

Bag o' Nails closed a few years back now. It was in Bloomfield Road J/T of Frederick Place.

The Duke Of Cambridge was up the top end of Bloomfield Road as well. That closed a few years back as well.
  • Options
    nla i cant remember knowing anyone there except this one fella with a lisp, right pain always fighting with my mate evrytime we went in there, he was a regular but cant remembe his name. good times in there tho.

also as terry naylor says wellsly on hillreach used to get in there to play pool, and obviously the pullman, great pub used to love going there, watched england lose to the argies in the back garden on a agiant screen when owen scored that goal, used to enjoy that pub although fights all the time! director general was one of my earliest pubs, dunno why but when i was 16 it was well easy to get served there, so was always a good haunt along with crown and cushion.
  • Options
    I can't say I've used (I don't think) any of the juicers on this thread but the amount of boozers, proper boozers that is round my way that have gone or are on the verge of being shut is tragic. Some of my fondest memories are now blocks of plastic commuter flats.

I'm not talking about pubs on high streets I mean back street boozers. The two closest pubs to where I live now are shite, truly souless shite.

The last remaining bastion is a 3 mile walk (right alright) or poncing a lift. And that place can't have long left. Will truly be a sad day when it shuts.
  • Options
    I grew up in Catford and when I last drove through there a month or so ago it brought a tear to my eye to see so many of the local pubs now closed and hidden behind barbed wire

The Green Man
    Old Tigers Head (Squire)
    The Garden Gate
    The Rising Sun
    The Two Brewers
    The Prince Henry (think it was renamed)

All within a mile of each other - very sad.
  • Options
    Mate had teh Avenue Arms in Sandy Hill Road for a while - that like the others all gone

Weird with so many pubs closing a mate has taken over a pub that was shut had a bad rep done it up turned it around and now gone in with someone else to open another.

So there is some good news out there
  • Options
    Not many decent ones left in Woolwich either
  • Options
    Not many pubs at all left in Woolwich by the sound of it?

Is the Ordnance Arms & Duke of York still there?
    Used to be my lunchtime boozers when I worked for the Woolwich, in the 70's.
  • Options
    Yeah gun pit is still thre and a shit hole
    Except the bar which was hand crafted my my step dad and the only good thing about it

Elephant & Castle early house still there work there a few years back
    Angelsea still going
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elephant was great for an alckie the best hangover cure saturdays could get after a friday night on the razz returning to woolwich at 6ish straight in bacon sandwich and a guiness