Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Firm has a corporate box at Arsenal.Going to there Player of the Year

ARSENAL F.C.
End of Season Dinner Dance

Starter
Egg on Face
Seasoned Hash
Frogs legs (past their best)
Spanish Surprise (well beaten)

Main course
Humble Pie
Chump Chops
French (has) Beans
Manager's Beef (not rare)
Catch of the Day - (gutted)
NB: everything is imported, nothing is home grown.

Dessert
Sour Grapes (may be hard to swallow)
Fruitless Tarts
Raspberry Fools
Hard Cheese

Drinks
Bitter
Little Spirit
French Whine
Cabernet Empty 2008
Champagne - sorry none ordered
STRICTLY NO DOUBLES OR TREBLES

NB: drinks should be consumed from glasses as there will be no cups this year.

Guests are asked not to get HAMMERED

Guest speaker:
Steven Gerrard & Rafa Benitez - "What it's like to win the European Cup"

Please note that the club’s European Tour for the season 2008-09 is not guaranteed.

Comments

• Options
    very good sent it to all the Gooners i know

I wont tell you the reply's to say they were not polite would be a understatement
  • Options
    Now thats what i call a menue !

Mind you if they keep not wining any pots it will be difficult soon to call em glory boy pot hunters.

Another game they cant win is sport the ball because no arsenal players has any.

Its that Fench mentaltity when the going gets tough --- surrender.
  • Options
    Talking about surrendering, was it the French police who put out the Olympic torch?
  • Options
    Allied forces casualties in the Great War

Killed Wounded
    Russia 1700000 4950000
    France 1357800 4266000
    British Empire 908371 2090212
    Italy 650000 947000
    USA 126000 234300

Some surrender!!!
  • Options
    Pc brigade alert
  • Options
    Dont see any harm if a slightly different viewpoint is shared? Isnt that what a forum is all about.

By the way the British Empire figures of course include Canada,Australia,New Zealand, India and the West Indies etc.
  • Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Many a time I have seen comments on here which are just plain rubbish or ignorant. Normally I just think oh well.

As it happens at the moment I am reading a book which focusses on the enormous suffering of the French people in WW1.

Seeing the remark

'Its that Fench mentaltity when the going gets tough --- surrender.'

which is such utter rubbish that made me feel a counter argument could be made. So I did. But I think you would prefer to have a world where your views and those of like minded people are the only ones that count. I will leave you in that World.
  • Options
    ok.............well get back to your book then Rene.........and be careful of them nasty Germans...............allo allo
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]Many a time I have seen comments on here which are just plain rubbish or ignorant. Normally I just think oh well.

As it happens at the moment I am reading a book which focusses on the enormous suffering of the French people in WW1.

Seeing the remark

'Its that Fench mentaltity when the going gets tough --- surrender.'

it was a bit of a joke mate,i think you answer was a bit too deep.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Counter agruement but not PC . Why then break down the British dead into empire troups but not the French ?There were no colonial french troups then ? whose country did the British fight and die in it wasnt the UK was it. what are you trying to imply about the British dead?

No comments about WW2 . or how about those brave Frenchmen who parashuted into Zaire to free hostages ooooooooooooooooooooo hold on though it was The Forign Legion ooooooooooooooo hold on though the first Legionaire to loose his life was a Brit.

counter agruement plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz your way or no way u mean.
  • Options
    The Loud keyboard has spoken. Put an alternative point of view and it is shouted down. Hardly a forum more just a load of verbal going off at tangents.
  • Options
    Jesus Peanut how can a joke about another football team turn into such dross............
  • Options
    just what i was thinking
  • Options
    When I am in France tomorrow being guided round the Loos Battlefield site by a Frenchman named Gilles who runs the museum there and has been extremely friendly courteous and helpful I will have a discussion with him about his thoughts on his cowardly comrades who have so often run away and surrendered.

I also have been friends for over 40 years now with a family in Brittany and who couldnt have been kinder to my family.

So I just have a different view than some on the French and on this occasion chose to say something.

I now realise that is something that is not welcomed so I will like the French retreat in disarray to a safe place.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Jesus Peanut how can a joke about another football team turn into such dross............

As soon its turned from a joke into the 'french mentality' 'surrender' etc.
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]
    I now realise that is something that is not welcomed so I will like the French retreat in disarray to a safe place.

Please don't.

Just because 1 or 2 shout louder than the others, please don't take that as the vast majority agree with it.

Getting a bit miffed with people 'trolling', taking posts away from their original subject. This thread started as a light-hearted thread about Arsenal.
  • Options
    On the Arsenal theme a Wolves fan sent me this email entitled

Arsene Monday Morning

Wake up early. I set my alarm clock for later but, naturellement, someone has been in my room during the night and adjusted the time. I will not say who – we will let others judge.

I trip over the rug in my bedroom. The rug is not penalised in any way. If furnishings are allowed to keep getting away with these travesties of justice then it is the end for Arsene.
    I am waiting for a package but my postman – who seemed to get himself in a good position - fails to deliver. Is my postman Emmanuel Eboue?

For sure it has not been the best of starts for me but I am working hard to make sure that nothing bothers me anymore but getting on with the job. I have lunch with my friend William at Pizza Express.

I have a Pizza a la Noci, but William doesn’t want anything off the children’s menu. I try to tell him he must have something and he goes out the door and sits on a traffic island for the next three hours. He is an excellent role model to my young team.

Next I meet Phillipe Senderos on a street corner. It is good to see him. However as soon as we leave that corner I lose him very easily and he spends the rest of the afternoon about ten yards away from me at all times. It is very frustrating.

I return to my car to find that a penalty fine has been given against me. Strange how all the other cars on the street have not been given tickets and yet they are all parked too.

The traffic warden tells me they are not parked on double yellow lines like mine. I tell him that I know what is going on, I am not stupid. He asks me what I mean and I smile and say ‘Let us think our own thoughts, mon ami.’

It takes me an age to get to the training ground. All the traffic lights are against me. Red and yellow lights everywhere, but only for me.

Finally I arrive and I’m greeted by my squad of wonderful players. Adebayor and Bendtner are holding hands and laughing and joking as usual.

Jens Lehmann is giving everyone fine words of encouragement as befits his status as our senior professional. Young Theo is coming on leaps and bounds with his French A-levels.

I call the boys together and tell them they are all winners. They play the best football. Then we play my favourite practising game ‘Twenty Passes Before You Can Score.’

Hoyte is terrible at this. Adebayor suggests we practise our free-kicks and corners – then every one falls about laughing! He is a funny guy.

It is great that humour can break the tension. I tell them another joke – that Alex Ferguson is going to buy van Persie for 10 million euros. Why does Robin not laugh?

Then I get serious with the boys. I tell them not to listen to the voices in their head that tell them to be paranoid. I tell them not to be neurotic – just leave that to me.

I tell them not to be concerned for my mental state. I may be a bit wobbly right now but I’m not Tom Hicks. I tell them that we will come back stronger, fitter and better than ever.

Cesc, le petit Espagnol, asks if I will be able to buy anyone in the summer to bolster the squad. I smile and nod. He need not worry. I have my eye on two Malian goat-herders as we speak plus a fine central defender from the Finnish second division.

In five years, I tell him, they will be football Gods comme Cygan et Stepanovs, especially the girl from Helsinki.

During training the boys look sad and tired. Moi aussi. Staying positive in this situation is about as feasible as winning a penalty at Old Trafford.

Sometimes, I think to myself that I am the only one who understood Eric Cantona’s sardines and trawler story. I too have been charting new territory in my elegant vessel the SS Arsenal (it would have been a 747 liner but we had to keep Bergkamp with us in the early years.)

Many have followed us with delight, but many others have tried to peck out the eyes of my vision. There have been stormy waters and troubled times. We were les Invincibles and maintenant, we are les Miserables.

My seagulls are not journalists and reporters. They are the sight-forsaken Rileys and Wileys of this world. These men of selective vision (and I know how that works, believe me!) People accuse me of having a persecution complex but these people are just out to get me.

I am a man of principle. There are ways to play le beau jeu but I know only one. I will not change. And we shall not crumble like an Englishman on the last day of a major golf tournament. And if it never succeeds again then it won’t be my fault.

Because I tell you this, mes amis:
    Non, Je ne regrette rien!*

*Except picking Senderos. And moving Toure to right-back. Oh and selling Diarra.’
  • Options
    woooooooooo there fella a light hearted comment about The Gooners french players surendering ( see same phrase from gallas today) and Peanut flips his lid.

If he wants a balance agreuement ( i didnt) then why quote WW1 deaths and break British dead down into Empire /British but not Fench. Some people are soooooooo BALANCED they cant even see that they are in fact the reverse.

He was the one giving it all big and deep and meaningful.
  • Options
    See its ok to say anti English bollox though aint it.
  • Options
    u r the man Peanut........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Sorry you two feel so aggrieved. How can I make your stay here more accommodating?
  • Options
    is it a chip or a french fry