Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gordon Watson is a traitor : - )

He'll be supporting Southampton (his last club) tommorow against his first and the one he supported as a boy.

I was on Radio Hampshire doing their pre-match thingy and Gordon was the co-presenter. He actually seemed a nice guy and was reminising about standing on the East Terrace as a kid and saying how he admired Charlton for playing football. He and the presenter seemed to think we played long ball to big Chris all the time now but he did know about the away end being the Jimmy Seed Stand.

They wished us good luck for the rest of the season but said we'd get thumped tomorrow. I wished them the same.

As always when you do these things they can't believe that the club allow an ordinary fan to sit on board meetings. "You'd need to go in with a six shooter to board meetings at Southampton" was their reaction.

Comments

• Options
    We dont have an ordinary fan sit in on our board meetings either.
  • Options
    i played in the same team as Gordon as a 11 year old crackin kid ,quality player with one cheeky smile.Gutted when we sold him.
  • Options
    or was he just being clever can hardly imagian him stating on a local station that they were going to get stuffed 4-0 allday
  • Options
    Blokes a tramp forget him

Who needs him anyway
  • Options
    bang out of order mate,he aint no tramp
  • Options
    Henry ain't that bad.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]bang out of order mate,he aint no tramp[/quote]

Yeah true Scumbag then ;-)
  • Options
    Blimey Steve, How much did he go for at 11 years old ? :0)
  • Options
    about 4 packets of sweets
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i played in the same team as Gordon as a 11 year old crackin kid ,quality player with one cheeky smile.Gutted when we sold him.

at Hayden ?? I was a couple of years older but remember Gordon. Was John McSwegan still manager ??

BTW others, what was Gordon supposed to say ? He's working for Radio Hampshire for gawd's sake.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

BTW others, what was Gordon supposed to say ? He's working for Radio Hampshire for gawd's sake.

Of course, he's working for a Saints radio show and maybe that's where his heart is now. He did apologise before he said it. As I said came over as a really nice guy who wanted the club to do well, only not today.
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]We dont have an ordinary fan sit in on our board meetings either.

I'll take that as a compliment then ; - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i played in the same team as Gordon as a 11 year old crackin kid ,quality player with one cheeky smile.Gutted when we sold him.

at Hayden ?? I was a couple of years older but remember Gordon. Was John McSwegan still manager ??

Thats right Large Terry Giles was our manager,I think you mean John Mcswenney.Who was your manager ?
  • Options
    [cite] He and the presenter seemed to think we played long ball to big Chris all the time now

We do !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]He and the presenter seemed to think we played long ball to big Chris all the time now

We do !!!
    [/cite]

But as I pointed out to them on the radio he did score the last minute winner at St Mary's
  • Options
    Used to love gordon at sellout...
  • Options
    He used to be called Psycho back then ..........